Theory test help

Watch this thread
Msbrownie.xo
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My test is on august the 1st, how many days approx do I need to dedicate to the 4 in 1 driving lesson to pass. I revise quite well and can do two to three hours a day I don’t mind.

Also should I take notes? And does anyone else have any more tips for how to pass it because I feel very new to this right now like should I watch yt videos too?
AmethystC
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Msbrownie.xo)
My test is on august the 1st, how many days approx do I need to dedicate to the 4 in 1 driving lesson to pass. I revise quite well and can do two to three hours a day I don’t mind.

Also should I take notes? And does anyone else have any more tips for how to pass it because I feel very new to this right now like should I watch yt videos too?
Hey, You have more than enough time to prepare 2 hours a day is more than enough.
Personally, I didn't use the paid app, I used a free one that literally had all the questions in the actual theory test back when I took it in 2020 and they updated the app for 2022. Its called, UK Driving Theory Test 2022, created by ABC E-Learning. It works with spaced repetition based on what you got right and wrong, and even gives you a schedule based on when your exam is. Thanks to it, I passed on my first try, scoring 48/50.

Also, use Youtube to familiarise yourself with the different traffic signs. These are the videos I used (but you can look for updated ones as well):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSrJ...DrivingCrawley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hvx...el=LPODAcademy

For Hazard perception, there are a lot of free simulations online. I used them instead and got 60/75. I would dedicate a good week towards the end practising those. Remember that you only flag for potential hazards relating to drivers, humans or animals. Things like puddles of water don't need to be flagged. And pay attention to traffic signs in the simulation cuz they sometimes hint at what the developing hazard might be, like a sharp bend where you can't see oncoming cars or a tractor warning sign.

Good luck and if you have any more questions, you can pm me!
Msbrownie.xo
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AmethystC)
Hey, You have more than enough time to prepare 2 hours a day is more than enough.
Personally, I didn't use the paid app, I used a free one that literally had all the questions in the actual theory test back when I took it in 2020 and they updated the app for 2022. Its called, UK Driving Theory Test 2022, created by ABC E-Learning. It works with spaced repetition based on what you got right and wrong, and even gives you a schedule based on when your exam is. Thanks to it, I passed on my first try, scoring 48/50.

Also, use Youtube to familiarise yourself with the different traffic signs. These are the videos I used (but you can look for updated ones as well):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSrJ...DrivingCrawley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hvx...el=LPODAcademy

For Hazard perception, there are a lot of free simulations online. I used them instead and got 60/75. I would dedicate a good week towards the end practising those. Remember that you only flag for potential hazards relating to drivers, humans or animals. Things like puddles of water don't need to be flagged. And pay attention to traffic signs in the simulation cuz they sometimes hint at what the developing hazard might be, like a sharp bend where you can't see oncoming cars or a tractor warning sign.

Good luck and if you have any more questions, you can pm me!
Thank you so much I’ll definitely PM you if I have any more questions, I rly appreciate it ❤️
AmethystC
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Msbrownie.xo)
Thank you so much I’ll definitely PM you if I have any more questions, I rly appreciate it ❤️
No problem ^-^ Good luck preparing!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
70.41%
In the post (3)
3.06%
Text (13)
13.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.27%

Watched Threads