are you going to check results or UCAS first?

Watch this thread
LividOwl9
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
my school is emailing results at 8am, same time as UCAS updates (naively) assuming no delays or crashes.

I probably won't decide until the day but I'm wondering which I'll open first. Realistically there's 4 outcomes

1) Open track, met my offer, doesnt really matter what results are
2) Open results, met my offer, check track as a formality.
3) Open track, didn't meet my offer, check to see just how bad my results were
4) Open results, didn't meet my offer, probably too depressed to check track but I'll have to get right on clearing anyway.

I'm thinking I'll probably check track first, since that's what actually matters. Mainly because if I check results, and I've missed my offer but only by one grade, there is a (small) chance I might still have gotten in, but obviously I won't know that just looking at my results.

what did/will you do?
Sophi2002
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
To be honest I wouldn't dwell on it too much / plan this early, often UCAS track is overwhelmed on results day and freezes everyone out in the morning so checking your emails would be a better bet. Good luck for your results
rehena12
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Open track defo but open it at 9am and take some melatonin so ill sleep until 9am so I don't have to wait for the crash
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LividOwl9)
my school is emailing results at 8am, same time as UCAS updates (naively) assuming no delays or crashes.

I probably won't decide until the day but I'm wondering which I'll open first. Realistically there's 4 outcomes

1) Open track, met my offer, doesnt really matter what results are
2) Open results, met my offer, check track as a formality.
3) Open track, didn't meet my offer, check to see just how bad my results were
4) Open results, didn't meet my offer, probably too depressed to check track but I'll have to get right on clearing anyway.

I'm thinking I'll probably check track first, since that's what actually matters. Mainly because if I check results, and I've missed my offer but only by one grade, there is a (small) chance I might still have gotten in, but obviously I won't know that just looking at my results.

what did/will you do?
Ucas isn’t scheduled to go live until 8:15am
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What Happens on Results Day - useful info to read in advance - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...el-results-day
Spelunker
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I have planned for the longest time to open ucas first. No matter how slow it is or the crash. I just couldn't take looking at results and knowing that I might not get into uni. My plan is to go to bed late the night before and then wake up late on the day so theirs less traffic and check. If I get into uni I could care less about my grades
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads