Assignment resubmission support

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got 39% in an assignment (portfolio) and I’m just wondering if I can use the same assignment with extra information added? Or will this be plagiarism? I only want a pass, I’m really worried as it’s due in next week and don’t want to re-do the whole thing just for 1%!
If anyone could help me please. Thanks
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by antobalozi)
Hello, I can help you with your assignment. What is your subject?
Adding contract cheating to the OPs problems ? That gets them a zero mark if they are lucky, or kicked off their course otherwise.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I got 39% in an assignment (portfolio) and I’m just wondering if I can use the same assignment with extra information added? Or will this be plagiarism? I only want a pass, I’m really worried as it’s due in next week and don’t want to re-do the whole thing just for 1%!
If anyone could help me please. Thanks
Ask the academic in charge of that bit of the course what the rules are, anyone else from TSR will just be guessing.
hud_ah06
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Is it called plagiarism if you look at someone’s multiple choice answer and double check with the other options then thinking that it is right is that cheating still or plagiarism
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hud_ah06)
Is it called plagiarism if you look at someone’s multiple choice answer and double check with the other options then thinking that it is right is that cheating still or plagiarism
It's more cheating than plagiarism. You shouldn't be looking at any one else's work during an exam. Even if you choose a different answer, your intent was to cheat, which is wrong, and according to your universities rules could have negative repercussions in some way. Just look at your own paper and focus on trying to get it right.

- Rosie
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It depends on your universities rules, if I were you I would check with the module lead. Some universities would require you to write a whole new piece. Better to find out now, than submit your previous essay with some tweaks, then be failed due to plagiarism.

If the essay is 1500-2000 words you should be able to write a very good essay in a week. If it's 3000 or more then you may have to pull some all nighters. Hopefully you can use your previously written essay, but you might want to send off an email to your module lead about it today, and start finding new information from journals now, which you can then use either to write a new essay or to add to your previous one.

I hope you find this helpful.

- Rosie
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hud_ah06)
(Original post by hallamstudents)
It's more cheating than plagiarism. You shouldn't be looking at any one else's work during an exam. Even if you choose a different answer, your intent was to cheat, which is wrong, and according to your universities rules could have negative repercussions in some way. Just look at your own paper and focus on trying to get it right.

- Rosie
Where I work, this is stone-cold collusion, a serious academic offence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads