Differences between A level economics and A level business

Watch this thread
wnbrn_
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What are the differences between a level economics and a level business. I’m asking this because i’ve seen that it’s not advised to do both as they share similar topics. What are the courses like and where can they lead you; economics does seem interesting to me however i don’t know where you can use the knowledge from it other than an economics degree.

I really want to know what economics is like, I liked human geography at gcse and i’ve seen people compare economics as just human geography.
Last edited by wnbrn_; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Many Unis will not accecpt both subects together because of percieved 'overlap'.
Its sometimes its the same for PE and Biology.

Economics isnt 'like' Geograhy - its sold maths-orientated subject and this is why most folk doing Ecoomics will also be doing Maths and probably FM as well, Business is more contextual, about business processes and scenarios, and doesnt rely so heavily on maths - although a good GCSE Maths grade is usually needed if you want to follow this with a degree in Business,

Go ant talk to the relevant teachers and look at the text books used for each A level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.58%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (42)
25.45%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.45%

Watched Threads