Vale567
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, does anyone know if student finance will finance re taking a year if i passed it? I want to transfer from the open university to a physical university but worried they might not accept me onto year 2 so i wouldnt mind re doing year 1 again. But dont know if student finance will finance it, they usually offer a gift year but is it only for re takes? My course is 3 year so 3+ 1 gift year = 4 minus the year i done i should get 3 years financing?
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vale567)
Hello, does anyone know if student finance will finance re taking a year if i passed it? I want to transfer from the open university to a physical university but worried they might not accept me onto year 2 so i wouldnt mind re doing year 1 again. But dont know if student finance will finance it, they usually offer a gift year but is it only for re takes? My course is 3 year so 3+ 1 gift year = 4 minus the year i done i should get 3 years financing?
Hi there,

Will you gain any qualifications from your time at the Open University?

Thanks, Graeme
Vale567
Rep:
(Original post by Graeme SFE)
Hi there,

Will you gain any qualifications from your time at the Open University?

Thanks, Graeme
Hi, yes a CertHE , if i choose to request it that is. It says if i request the CertHE it will affect my finance. But if i don’t request it then it shouldn’t?
SFE Jason
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, yes a CertHE , if i choose to request it that is. It says if i request the CertHE it will affect my finance. But if i don’t request it then it shouldn’t?
Is it for an honours degree and how many years will this be?

Thanks, Jason
Vale567
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Jason)
Is it for an honours degree and how many years will this be?

Thanks, Jason
Yes an honours, 3 years degree
SFE Jason
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes an honours, 3 years degree
Thank you and just to confirm its one year you've studied at the Open University? Is that correct?

Thanks, Jason
Vale567
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Jason)
Thank you and just to confirm its one year you've studied at the Open University? Is that correct?

Thanks, Jason
Yes that is correct
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes that is correct
Will your new course be full time or part time?

Thanks, Erin
Vale567
Rep:
It’s full time
SFE Clare
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes that is correct
It’s full time
Hi Vale,

Thank you for confirming. In that case you should be eligible for funding for the duration of the new full time course, as you will not hold an equal level qualification and only have one year of previous study.

Thanks, Clare
Vale567
Rep:
(Original post by SFE Clare)
Hi Vale,

Thank you for confirming. In that case you should be eligible for funding for the duration of the new full time course, as you will not hold an equal level qualification and only have one year of previous study.

Thanks, Clare
Thank you for all of your help 😊
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for all of your help 😊
You're welcome! If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (130)
40.25%
They're exactly what I expected (79)