Concert seating help

Watch this thread
Indililam1
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have an unreserved rear/circle ticket and I'm not quite sure what it actually means as it's my first proper concert! People have told me to turn up early - if the ticket says 19:00, would turning up at 5pm be okay?
Tia!
Powersymphonia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Indililam1)
I have an unreserved rear/circle ticket and I'm not quite sure what it actually means as it's my first proper concert! People have told me to turn up early - if the ticket says 19:00, would turning up at 5pm be okay?
Tia!
If you turn up at 5pm you would be in the queue first so would have a choice of what seat to have. You wouldn’t get seated until 7pm though it that’s when the doors open.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you know it's impossible for you to be right at the front then you don't need to be there ridiculously early. 5pm probably fine. There's a strong possibility that they start later than 7 anyway, if there's a supporting act or the venue just pretends it's earlier than it is (so more people hang around at the bar to buy drinks)
Last edited by Sinnoh; 1 month ago
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Unless its something really popular and busy, turning up at 5 for 7pm doors is a bit much (the show prob not start till 8), 6 or even half 6 should be plenty to get in early and find out where you are going and what is where inside the venue (where is it? they might have an online map/guide of the inside telling you what zones are where)
Indililam1
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Powersymphonia)
If you turn up at 5pm you would be in the queue first so would have a choice of what seat to have. You wouldn’t get seated until 7pm though it that’s when the doors open.
(Original post by Sinnoh)
If you know it's impossible for you to be right at the front then you don't need to be there ridiculously early. 5pm probably fine. There's a strong possibility that they start later than 7 anyway, if there's a supporting act or the venue just pretends it's earlier than it is (so more people hang around at the bar to buy drinks)
(Original post by StriderHort)
Unless its something really popular and busy, turning up at 5 for 7pm doors is a bit much (the show prob not start till 8), 6 or even half 6 should be plenty to get in early and find out where you are going and what is where inside the venue (where is it? they might have an online map/guide of the inside telling you what zones are where)
Thank you all. I'm seeing The Prodigy at Brixton Academy and the show is sold out, would that affect timings? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to ensure that I actually get in!
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Indililam1)
Thank you all. I'm seeing The Prodigy at Brixton Academy and the show is sold out, would that affect timings? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to ensure that I actually get in!
There's less incentive to be there super early for rear circle seats because your experience is not dramatically different whether you're at the front or back - unlike a standing ticket in the stalls, where being at the front is vastly superior to being at the back. I went to see Muse in a similar-sized venue and the seats filled up much more slowly than the front standing area.
There will be a huge queue outside by the time you arrive, but don't get discouraged.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads