A Level Geography NEA Ideas?

Watch this thread
MG-05
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all,
I am unsure what enquiry to think of for myself for my Geography NEA. All I know is that I want to do ecosystems. Another thing is that my class is going on a data collection 3-day long trip to London and Walton-On-The-Naze (The coast). I want to ask for any ideas on what I can do in particular.

Thank you in advance
greentiger
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MG-05)
Hi all,
I am unsure what enquiry to think of for myself for my Geography NEA. All I know is that I want to do ecosystems. Another thing is that my class is going on a data collection 3-day long trip to London and Walton-On-The-Naze (The coast). I want to ask for any ideas on what I can do in particular.

Thank you in advance
I’m doing mine at the moment but I chose human geography to do the topic of sense of place. I have friends doing physical geography like you so I may be able to help a little with some ideas!

1. you could do coastal management strategies, e.g. how affective really is soft engineering in Walton on the Naze, and then study both the soft and hard engineering to create a conclusion

2. what affect does hard engineering have on the local ecosystems, and discover how much wildlife and plants are in harbours and sea walls compared to natural seascapes and soft engineering approaches

3. does e.g. walton on the naze care about the local ecosystem? and then study wether they use more hard or soft engineering, find out about local nature reserves (how many? how protected are they?), etc.
MG-05
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by greentiger)
I’m doing mine at the moment but I chose human geography to do the topic of sense of place. I have friends doing physical geography like you so I may be able to help a little with some ideas!

1. you could do coastal management strategies, e.g. how affective really is soft engineering in Walton on the Naze, and then study both the soft and hard engineering to create a conclusion

2. what affect does hard engineering have on the local ecosystems, and discover how much wildlife and plants are in harbours and sea walls compared to natural seascapes and soft engineering approaches

3. does e.g. walton on the naze care about the local ecosystem? and then study wether they use more hard or soft engineering, find out about local nature reserves (how many? how protected are they?), etc.
That sounds very good to me! Especially linking with other areas of the curriculum. I will consider this approach, thank you so much
WillowGW
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Walton on the naze is a really good place! I went a few years back to hunt for fossils. It was good- in terms of NEA I have no clue because we haven’t started yet so I don’t know what types of things they might want but I hope you have a good time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.19%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.22%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.91%

Watched Threads