simplyikrah
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so im studying biology chemistry maths and i think i want to do dentistry. I will apply through UCAS but apparently you can only apply for 4 courses and then you do one different. HOW DOES THAT WORK? SOMEONE EXPLAIN PLZ!
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by simplyikrah)
so im studying biology chemistry maths and i think i want to do dentistry. I will apply through UCAS but apparently you can only apply for 4 courses and then you do one different. HOW DOES THAT WORK? SOMEONE EXPLAIN PLZ!
It works exactly like you said. You can't have all 5 of your courses be the clinical course (e.g. dentistry, medicine). The max is 4. You don't need to include that 5th, it's intended as a backup if you get none of your offers and don't feel like re-applying.
simplyikrah
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
It works exactly like you said. You can't have all 5 of your courses be the clinical course (e.g. dentistry, medicine). The max is 4. You don't need to include that 5th, it's intended as a backup if you get none of your offers and don't feel like re-applying.
OH OKAY THANKS
but do you need to do 2 seperate personal statements then?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
OH OKAY THANKS
You need to ask the university you’ve put as a backup. Some universities do require an alternative PS e.g. if your back up is pharmacy or optometry (I wrote a second PS for the latter), whereas other universities may not want another one (commonly, if biomed or similar is the back up option).

Double check by emailing the admissions department for your back up option.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
OH OKAY THANKS
Depends on the uni. I would recommend focusing your personal statement entirely on dentistry or it might seem like you're not committed. Leaving the 5th option blank is also an option if you know that you want to take a gap year if you get no offers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (18)
19.15%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (32)
34.04%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
5.32%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
2.13%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (9)
9.57%
Reading articles about what steps to take (18)
19.15%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.38%

Watched Threads