help with PS

Watch this thread
helpmety
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So my sixth form has given us about a week to write our first drafts of our personal statements and i have spent the time trying to figure out which degree i want to do since i think it would make it easier to write my PS - i feel like i have messed up because its due in 2 days and i don't know what i'm going to do anymore.

I AM DEEPLY CONFUSED. My current degree options are:
Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biotech, Actuarial Science or Biochemistry.

I'm very confused. Each time i try to pick one I always end up looking at how employable i will be and the average salaries for new graduates. Which one would be the best option for a high paying salary? What are the career prospects? - I want to do a degree which will allow me to move into another sector if i change my mind, such as finance and tech.

If i can't make my decision fast enough what do you suggest i write about in my personal statement? My sixth form will be sending these off to people who are specific to the degrees people are choosing. I am fully aware that I can always change my mind before January but i want to do it on the degree I will most likely be applying to.
tasminbrooks
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by helpmety)
So my sixth form has given us about a week to write our first drafts of our personal statements and i have spent the time trying to figure out which degree i want to do since i think it would make it easier to write my PS - i feel like i have messed up because its due in 2 days and i don't know what i'm going to do anymore.

I AM DEEPLY CONFUSED. My current degree options are:
Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biotech, Actuarial Science or Biochemistry.

I'm very confused. Each time i try to pick one I always end up looking at how employable i will be and the average salaries for new graduates. Which one would be the best option for a high paying salary? What are the career prospects? - I want to do a degree which will allow me to move into another sector if i change my mind, such as finance and tech.

If i can't make my decision fast enough what do you suggest i write about in my personal statement? My sixth form will be sending these off to people who are specific to the degrees people are choosing. I am fully aware that I can always change my mind before January but i want to do it on the degree I will most likely be applying to.
So I did my personal statement by myself with a few friends help, but I would say look into specific unis you would want to go to and look at their courses before settling. But then I made a list of bullet point to answer to actually create my statement. I think don’t stress to much about the course just settle on one at it’ll be easy to adapt. If you need any help message me and I’ll help as best I can
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Some courses are accredited (I'm guessing the engineering ones will be?) - it will be hard to go into that without a degree in it. Equally some other jobs will expect certain experiences/qualifications (e.g. lab work). See what the entry requirements are for the different jobs you want to do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (20)
17.09%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (30)
25.64%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (63)
53.85%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
3.42%

Watched Threads