The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

One more day guys before the deadline. I’ll miss it again this season but if you have never done it before I’d advise you to give it a go, it can make watching / following the games more fun, especially if you’re in a league with friends / people you know.

Original post by sr90
Core of my team is set now, just a few spots to agonise over for the next week.

Annoying there isn't an obvious 4.5 defender to go for this year. They all have their flaws.

Schmeichel left Leicester so could you go for Ward and Iversen as goalkeepers as they should both be £4 million to save money.
Original post by Driving_Mad
One more day guys before the deadline. I’ll miss it again this season but if you have never done it before I’d advise you to give it a go, it can make watching / following the games more fun, especially if you’re in a league with friends / people you know.

Schmeichel left Leicester so could you go for Ward and Iversen as goalkeepers as they should both be £4 million to save money.

Also risky if Leicester end up buying a replacement though. GK transfers are never ideal.
I've just created a team but can't seem to join any leagues..

@sr90 any ideas?
Original post by Zerforax
I've just created a team but can't seem to join any leagues..

@sr90 any ideas?

You should automatically be in the leagues that restarted. Maybe hit renew leagues at the top of the leagues page?
Original post by GrandMedic
You should automatically be in the leagues that restarted. Maybe hit renew leagues at the top of the leagues page?

I didn't register last year so it won't let me automatically renew!
Okay I managed to join!
Reply 26
Remember that the first match is tonight, so get your team sorted early.
I feel like I did well not to log in a million times and tinker with my team :colondollar:
8.3mil users now! Crazy.. used to only be 1-2mil back in the day.

Only 60 points this week. Already behind! No one really picked up points other than Salah (C) and Haaland for me.
Looks like Haaland/Salah/Kulusevski combos were what people were using to score big this gameweek.

Had a pretty decent gw1 with 87 points, mostly from Salah (c) and Haaland, plus Jorginho who's been subbed in now from my bench.
8.3mil users now! Crazy.. used to only be 1-2mil back in the day.

Only 60 points this week. Already behind! No one really picked up points other than Salah (C) and Haaland for me.

I’m glad I’m not playing it when I’m seeing it plastered everywhere more than the All Or Nothing Arsenal Netflix documentary and the number of broadcasters Laura Woods works on (Sky Sports, Talksport, DAZN, ITV..)

Sky Sports News can’t stop going on about there punditry League and who is at the top. Seems like Fantasy Football will become a weekly fixture on the review of the weekend games on the News channel.

Remember it’s a marathon not a sprint. I’m getting jealous of millions of users having the dilemma of keeping Kane or selling him for Haaland who has Bournemouth next for example.
Original post by Driving_Mad
I’m glad I’m not playing it when I’m seeing it plastered everywhere more than the All Or Nothing Arsenal Netflix documentary and the number of broadcasters Laura Woods works on (Sky Sports, Talksport, DAZN, ITV..)

Sky Sports News can’t stop going on about there punditry League and who is at the top. Seems like Fantasy Football will become a weekly fixture on the review of the weekend games on the News channel.

Remember it’s a marathon not a sprint. I’m getting jealous of millions of users having the dilemma of keeping Kane or selling him for Haaland who has Bournemouth next for example.

It's incredible how mainstream FPL has become in recent years. As you say it is EVERYWHERE now. People make a living from talking about it on YouTube full time. When I started playing it barely had a couple of million users and didn't even have an app.

Not having the best of starts. Kane captain in GW1 was a disaster. Punted on Bamford as Leeds had good fixtures and he's already got injured.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by sr90
It's incredible how mainstream FPL has become in recent years. As you say it is EVERYWHERE now. People make a living from talking about it on YouTube full time. When I started playing it barely had a couple of million users and didn't even have an app.

Not having the best of starts. Kane captain in GW1 was a disaster. Punted on Bamford as Leeds had good fixtures and he's already got injured.

Yeah you are 100% right. Especially in the past few years, interest has risen exponentially. Sky Sports binned their own version of Fantasy Football to promote the official Premier League one because it has become so popular.

This is a bit bittersweet for me because now I feel like I’m missing out when everyone is doing it. However, on the other hand, I’d definitely be stressed hearing about FPL everywhere all the time and regretting transfer decisions.

Kane scored so that’s a good one for you. At the start of the season, before I decided not to do it, I was planning on 3 premiums of KDB, Salah and Kane. I felt like I could recoup Haaland’s points from De Bruyne.

You could do Bamford to Rodrigo who is in good form, not sure who else is around that price.
Haaland with only 8 touches against Bournemouth. Could be feast or famine for him for the first half of the season.

I'm sure everyone will now be transferring Jesus into their team.
Reply 34
Haaland with only 8 touches against Bournemouth. Could be feast or famine for him for the first half of the season.

I'm sure everyone will now be transferring Jesus into their team.

Jesus is already the most selected player in FPL history. It was around 76% GW1 and is down to 72% now.
Original post by Mess.
Jesus is already the most selected player in FPL history. It was around 76% GW1 and is down to 72% now.

Haha I'm obviously not paying enough attention. He was priced really cheaply. Made sense as rotation player for Man City but as main striker for Arsenal he looks great value to everyone I guess. I'm sure next season he will be 10-12mil.
2 free transfers but no idea where to go.
After Nuñez was sent off last night he was straight out of the team and I joined the masses and swapped in Jesus.

WIll be interesting to see if he is a more reliable points collector than when he was with us. I'm wavering on Haaland too, just because I feel like City's scoring etc are so evenly distributed that nobody collects points consistently, before you even get to Pep Roulette!
Original post by Saracen's Fez
After Nuñez was sent off last night he was straight out of the team and I joined the masses and swapped in Jesus.

WIll be interesting to see if he is a more reliable points collector than when he was with us. I'm wavering on Haaland too, just because I feel like City's scoring etc are so evenly distributed that nobody collects points consistently, before you even get to Pep Roulette!

Jesus is pretty much more of a must than Salah atm. If you go without him at that ownership level, you're just asking to be cooked. Also, with the positions Haaland consistently gets into, he's not leaving my team anytime soon. Pretty unfortunate not to get anything more than an assist last game even with so few touches.
Original post by GrandMedic
2 free transfers but no idea where to go.

I changed my 2nd choice GK and my cheap 3rd choice striker :rofl:

Both cost a combined 9.9mil (4.0 + 5.9mil). Didn't know what else to do!

Latest