The Student Room Group

Snackinggg

Let’s say I had cereal for breakfast (the recommended serving) then lunch chicken breast and two slices of toast and beans then a small portion of chips and my 5 a day. Then I felt hungry in the evening and had a pack of ramen noodles and a gold bar of chocolate. What’s considered snacking here? How do eliminate snacking? Should I? How do people not snack at all
Hobbies
Original post by tinyperson
Hobbies

I snack if I feel hungry. I have a hobby but it doesn’t consume half my day
Stop putting food in your mouth, that’s how.
What were your 5 a day- raw salad, some glasses of juice or a few pieces of fruit? :confused:
The chips, ramen noodles and chocolate bar are examples of snacking.

If you feel that you need to completely eliminate all snacks from your diet every day to change your eating habits or lose weight, use your willpower to do so.
Establish strict self-control over what you eat, how much and when.
Consider establishing a reasonable daily calorie restriction range that applies at least 5 days a week and you commit to follow for at least 8 weeks.
Have fresh raw salads or some fruit with your daily meals and drink lots of still unflavoured water.
Good luck!
There's nothing wrong with snacking, why are you worried about it?
i honestly have no idea because i either dont eat at all, or i stress eat which involves alot of snacking😂
no in between for me
Original post by londonmyst
What were your 5 a day- raw salad, some glasses of juice or a few pieces of fruit? :confused:
The chips, ramen noodles and chocolate bar are examples of snacking.

If you feel that you need to completely eliminate all snacks from your diet every day to change your eating habits or lose weight, use your willpower to do so.
Establish strict self-control over what you eat, how much and when.
Consider establishing a reasonable daily calorie restriction range that applies at least 5 days a week and you commit to follow for at least 8 weeks.
Have fresh raw salads or some fruit with your daily meals and drink lots of still unflavoured water.
Good luck!

Fruits- I try have 5 fruits a day. How do establish self control? Does that happen gradually? I’m trying to drink a lot of water but it’s so hard sometimes. Sometimes I feel having a full meal seems quite intimidating so instead of having a snack I’ll have soup (or ramen) but I really want to have a full meal and prevent snacking so I’m able to feel “tidy”

Original post by black tea
There's nothing wrong with snacking, why are you worried about it?

Idk I suppose it’s a habit I feel is unnecessary. I’m older now so probably I should stop? Older people dont have much chocolates or cakes in their day. They don’t even crave it. [

QUOTE=mari_101;97403022]i honestly have no idea because i either dont eat at all, or i stress eat which involves alot of snacking😂 no in between for me

Omg same. Especially during uni.

Original post by Scienceisgood
Stop putting food in your mouth, that’s how.

Is it really as simple? Any tips?
Original post by randompanda_
Try having three main meals per day that are filling, and if you still can't stop after trying, maybe contact your GP.

What would I tell my GP lol?
Original post by Anonymous
What would I tell my GP lol?

that's only if you think you have a medical problem, but the above tips are great with good advice
(edited 1 year ago)
Older people dont have much chocolates or cakes in their day. They don’t even crave it.

Can guarantee this isn't true!
Fruits- I try have 5 fruits a day.

How do establish self control? Does that happen gradually? I’m trying to drink a lot of water but it’s so hard sometimes. Sometimes I feel having a full meal seems quite intimidating so instead of having a snack I’ll have soup (or ramen) but I really want to have a full meal and prevent snacking so I’m able to feel “tidy”.

Try to reduce your daily fruit consumption so that you can incorporate some raw veg and drinking juices into your diet too.
Particularly raw root vegetables and green leaf veg.
Many fruits contain a lot of natural sugar which can lead to issues with teeth or weight gain.

Have you considered serving at least 2 of your meals in courses 5-30 mins apart with controlled portion sizes?
Starters, mains, drinks and sides.

You establish self-control immediately by setting your dietary limits and sticking to them.
Whether this involves number of daily meals, eliminating all snacks, intermittent fasting, enforcing a daily calorie restriction range, banning all takeaways or homecooking from scratch at least 3 days a week.
Original post by londonmyst
Try to reduce your daily fruit consumption so that you can incorporate some raw veg and drinking juices into your diet too.
Particularly raw root vegetables and green leaf veg.
Many fruits contain a lot of natural sugar which can lead to issues with teeth or weight gain.

Have you considered serving at least 2 of your meals in courses 5-30 mins apart with controlled portion sizes?
Starters, mains, drinks and sides.

You establish self-control immediately by setting your dietary limits and sticking to them.
Whether this involves number of daily meals, eliminating all snacks, intermittent fasting, enforcing a daily calorie restriction range, banning all takeaways or homecooking from scratch at least 3 days a week.

Omg I always thought eating fruits was fine. I suppose weight gain comes from over consuming no? How does fruits make you gain weight?

I usually have 2 fruits and 2 cups of water then an hour later I have my main then a snack but not snacking is hard because i feel like I should since I’m so used to it. I don’t drink juices tbh I don’t like them that much. If I was to drink something it would be a sugar free energy drink (which kills my appetite). I should mention that my mum usually cooks but I barely eat her food because it’s usually so oily. I don’t have takeaways often.

Anywho I should eat 2 fruits a day, a bowl of salad everyday, one main meal and if I feel like snacking I’ll ignore it and I should prevent myself from having randoms bites of foods right?

Quick Reply

Latest