How many friends do you have?

Watch this thread
SaucissonSecCy
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If I'm being honest, given my tendency of being detached and letting people fall by the wayside, I have no real friends I could call on at this time. No girlfriend either. My family has accepted me like this even though I have been told I'm likeable and good looking. I'm weird. My life is weird. Wonder if you can make friends later in life without it being awkward.
Last edited by SaucissonSecCy; 1 month ago
Brief Chaos
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Too many
29swife
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
literally 1
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
I dont envy my adolescent or school group of people but when I look from uni age onwards until thirties I wish I'd done something with friendships and social life. I think I missed out. Also I only thought about finding someone romantically and not about maintaining friendships or being an interesting friend.
RichPiana
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You’re on TSR so you might need to define what ‘friend’ means to everyone on here.
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
(Original post by RichPiana)
You’re on TSR so you might need to define what ‘friend’ means to everyone on here.
Someone you could call on for help who cares about you who you see socially and go out with.
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
And do you want more, I should have asked? My parents thought I was more naturally social than my sister, but she ended up with a few friends not many close ones and I ended up with none. My mum makes the effort and keeps in touch with quite a lot of people but my dad doesn't. Still he has a few friends he sees. I am the odd one out.
Max1989
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
People I could call for help: everyone, care about me I do not know hwo many, socially go out with 0. I have no issue being liked, if anything I'm extremely charismatic but I am extremely distant and have mental health problems which doesn't bode well with maintaining relationships even if I pretend to have one spontaneously.

t's a weird situation where I am liked by everyone but chat to no one.

I do want more I just am not in the right mindset to do that and am not actually sure what feeling connected to someone is like.

The key thing to remember is relationships require effort, I'm really bad at this, you need to put effort in to maintain relationships or they will drift apart.
Last edited by Max1989; 1 month ago
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
I also envy the Irish in this direction don't ask me why. I've met quite a few Irish and they are cool to interact with. They seem much more interesting and social by their social medias too.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ring for help? About ten in this country. Maybe five or six in Portugal

Go out with socially I could choose from probably a hundred potentials. I get around this country a lot and know loads of people on the music scene so I'm never short of people to go for a pint with.
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
The whole thing which stinks about Facebook is you're not going to start asking people for an exchange at zero friends. Hence it started off when it first arrived by people having their whole year at school friended well **** that because I wanted to leave that behind and get a new life. Whoops bit late now. But there's some cool people I wish I'd swapped contacts with. I don't want a huge online following just quality real friends over quantity.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
The whole thing which stinks about Facebook is you're not going to start asking people for an exchange at zero friends. Hence it started off when it first arrived by people having their whole year at school friended well **** that because I wanted to leave that behind and get a new life. Whoops bit late now.
I opened a Facebook late, way after school. The people I started off with were mates from the pub and the gigging circuit.
Last edited by gjd800; 1 month ago
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
(Original post by gjd800)
I opened a Facebook late, way after school. The people I started off with were mates from the pub and the gigging circuit.
Yeah you meet the best people in the pub. Sadly I don't drink now.
Leslie Knope
Report 1 month ago
Too many, unfortunately. The majority of them I'd consider to be acquaintances, but in regards to friends, I only have five and we've known each other since college, so they are a pretty good bunch.
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
(Original post by Leslie Knope)
Too many, unfortunately. The majority of them I'd consider to be acquaintances, but in regards to friends, I only have five and we've known each other since college, so they are a pretty good bunch.
It's not unfortunate. My self absorption has multiplied and made me boring. Friends are good for you, a few of mine tried to tell me this early on.
Allyson2020
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Too many friends unfortunately 😂😂 due to the nature of my job I'm in I have loads there and quite a lot out with work as well 😸
YourAverageApple
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
I also envy the Irish in this direction don't ask me why. I've met quite a few Irish and they are cool to interact with. They seem much more interesting and social by their social medias too.
If you don’t mind me asking why was your mind only fixed on finding someone romantically? 🤔😅
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Anyone who says they have more than 5 friends are lying, or they don't know what a friend actually is
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
(Original post by YourAverageApple)
If you don’t mind me asking why was your mind only fixed on finding someone romantically? 🤔😅
I suppose subconsciously I always thought romance would be your best friend. Not much need to bother otherwise. I might be exagerrating.
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anyone who says they have more than 5 friends are lying, or they don't know what a friend actually is
If you make the effort with good people you can have more. I mean I still believe in quality real friends over crazy numbers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads