Graduate job

Watch this thread
michealpl28
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone,
I got the job offer and I signed the contract few days ago and I'm supposed to start this job at the beginning of August, the company is still dealing with all of the documents and I haven't received copy of signed contract by them.
Just today I received another job offer that in general is better in terms of salary, location, benefits and future career development. I was curious if at this point I can decline the first offer without any legal consequences, as the second offer is just more attractive.

Thanks for any advice
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by michealpl28)
Hi everyone,
I got the job offer and I signed the contract few days ago and I'm supposed to start this job at the beginning of August, the company is still dealing with all of the documents and I haven't received copy of signed contract by them.
Just today I received another job offer that in general is better in terms of salary, location, benefits and future career development. I was curious if at this point I can decline the first offer without any legal consequences, as the second offer is just more attractive.

Thanks for any advice
What did the contract say about withdrawing?
greg tony
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by michealpl28)
Hi everyone,

Thanks for any advice
Yes, you are free to do whatever. Even if you had signed a contract and started, you would most likely be under some probationary period where you could have left with minimal to no notice period. Just email them now to decline.

Well done on the other job,

Greg
michealpl28
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
What did the contract say about withdrawing?
There's nothing about that, that's why I'm not sure. The contract just covers the termination of it, after the start date, which would be one week of notice in the first three months.
Mike
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
70.41%
In the post (3)
3.06%
Text (13)
13.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.27%

Watched Threads