How much more difficult is A2 Maths?

Watch this thread
AnotherStudent!
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've just taken my mocks and enjoyed it. I've found the course so far pretty easy, and I got about 82% in my AS Maths mock.

Is A2 significantly harder? Just want to temper my expectations and take that into consideration when considering which Universities to apply to.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
From personal experience, I found the transition pretty smooth. Obviously you expect it to be hard, but with the knowledge you should have acquired from completing AS maths, it makes the course manageable.
Brief Chaos
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I found it pretty manageable. What course are you applying for?
AnotherStudent!
Rep:
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
From personal experience, I found the transition pretty smooth. Obviously you expect it to be hard, but with the knowledge you should have acquired from completing AS maths, it makes the course manageable.
Thanks mate, that makes me feel a fair bit better about it.
AnotherStudent!
Rep:
(Original post by Brief Chaos)
I found it pretty manageable. What course are you applying for?
Thanks pal. I'm looking to do Computer Science at Uni hopefully!
Brief Chaos
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AnotherStudent!)
Thanks pal. I'm looking to do Computer Science at Uni hopefully!
Maths would be useful for CS and it's required at some unis. DW it won't be that bad 👍.
KirstinTM
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I found second year to be a huge step up, a lot harder than the second year of my other a levels (biology, chemistry). But you seem to have a good basis of A1 so that does help.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks mate, that makes me feel a fair bit better about it.

Don’t take my word for it completely though, everyone handles things differently.

As long as you stay on top of your revision and try hard then you’ll be rewarded in the end.
Skiwi
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I've just taken my mocks and enjoyed it. I've found the course so far pretty easy, and I got about 82% in my AS Maths mock.

Is A2 significantly harder? Just want to temper my expectations and take that into consideration when considering which Universities to apply to.
I found the step up to A2 larger than that of gcse to AS, i thought pure stepped up in difficulty far more than the applied bits did, but this will change per person. It gets a lot more interesting across the board though, pure especially. So if you enjoyed year 1 you'll most likely find year 2 enjoyable as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69.7%
In the post (3)
3.03%
Text (13)
13.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14.14%

Watched Threads