Guidance on living with my long distance partner while at uni.

Watch this thread
Billiejomoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is it possible to live with my partner and his family while I study my teaching degree? Will I have to declare it as accommodation and do I still put my parents income down even though I will barely see them, let alone live with them?

My partner and his family live 150 miles from my current address. I’m wanting to move over to them to complete my teaching degree as that’s where I’ll be looking for a job and a home when I have completed it. I’m confused to how I’d officiate this with uni and the finance team and how to go through it all properly. To receive a maintenance loan do I have to put their family down as landlords or a host family? I have so many questions and can’t seem to find any answers anywhere!
Thanks in advance!
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Billiejomoo)
Is it possible to live with my partner and his family while I study my teaching degree? Will I have to declare it as accommodation and do I still put my parents income down even though I will barely see them, let alone live with them?

My partner and his family live 150 miles from my current address. I’m wanting to move over to them to complete my teaching degree as that’s where I’ll be looking for a job and a home when I have completed it. I’m confused to how I’d officiate this with uni and the finance team and how to go through it all properly. To receive a maintenance loan do I have to put their family down as landlords or a host family? I have so many questions and can’t seem to find any answers anywhere!
Thanks in advance!
Hi there,

Are you over the age of 25?

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (63)
68.48%
In the post (3)
3.26%
Text (13)
14.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
14.13%

Watched Threads