Alicealice456789
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Even if you get the grades for your firm choice, can you still go through clearing?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alicealice456789)
Even if you get the grades for your firm choice, can you still go through clearing?
You can decline your firm choice and "Self Release into Clearing"... but I would urge you to think carefully before doing that.
basedchrist
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yes you can still apply through clearing by declining your firm offer but as the person above said, be extremely careful about that as clearing is sort of like a gamble
Alicealice456789
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by basedchrist)
yes you can still apply through clearing by declining your firm offer but as the person above said, be extremely careful about that as clearing is sort of like a gamble
I am taking a gap year, will that help? I just don’t like my firm choice and rushed my ucas process lol
basedchrist
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alicealice456789)
I am taking a gap year, will that help? I just don’t like my firm choice and rushed my ucas process lol
you don't have to go to uni, just decline your offer if you're sure. all luck to you man. i am going to decline mine as well and apply through clearing to something else as i've decided that i do not want to do what i initially applied for.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Just remember that higher entry requirements does not mean 'better course' or that you will enjoy that course more or even like being at that Uni.
And the drop out rate from Clearing places is very high - that should tell you something about the disapointment / regret that often follows
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (23)
17.83%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.03%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.88%

Watched Threads