Retook 1st year, will I be able to retake 3rd year with access to student finance?

Watch this thread
valorantgamer123
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I retook 1st year.

Due to mental health I have failed my final year (3rd year) and have to retake it - will I be able to do this using student finance or will I have to use my own money? I read online that with extenuating circumstances it might be possible, but i've already used up the gift year with my 1st year?

My doctor has stated also that he will be able to provide a doctors note aswell if needed.
Last edited by valorantgamer123; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You would need to provide proof of compelling personal reasons leading to you repeating the year. If it’s accepted by SFE then you’ll be funded. If not then you’ll still get a maintenance loan but not a tuition fee loan.
SFE Jason
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by valorantgamer123)
I retook 1st year.

Due to mental health I have failed my final year (3rd year) and have to retake it - will I be able to do this using student finance or will I have to use my own money? I read online that with extenuating circumstances it might be possible, but i've already used up the gift year with my 1st year?

My doctor has stated also that he will be able to provide a doctors note aswell if needed.
Good afternoon,

You can apply for this. We would require a cover letter to confirm why you were not able to complete your course (when this took place) and evidence such as a GP letter on headed paper that confirms this.

If you are retaking your final year the system may not allow you to apply online. In which case you would need to complete the returning student application via post.

Thanks, Jason
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (132)
40.12%
They're exactly what I expected (79)