I always shut down whenever I’m in a time of stress

Watch this thread
Cozzymic
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It happened today and now I’m really worried that people think that I am stupid.
The teacher asked me a question on something and I got it right which was fine. I thought she was done asking me things so just as I start concentrating on my work again she asks me something else which I didn’t hear so I ask her to repeat it. I wasn’t really concentrating in the lesson so I suppose it was my bad anyway.
Some people were still talking in the lesson so again I didn’t hear her so I just replied with a ‘I don’t know’. Then the people around me started saying “It’s ____” and ”The answer is ____” but by then I’m starting to get really stressed and embarrassed and everyones words are just overlapping so I just kept saying ‘I don’t know’ to the teacher which then provokes another wave of “The answer is ____”. So then the teacher shuts everyone up and I got the answer just fine after i FINALLY hear what the question was and she explains it.

I’ve never felt more embarrassed, even though I know it’s silly . I’ve always felt really conscious about my reputation in class and what others think of me, so I felt kind of upset when speaking to a friend about it and then just being sidetracked to another subject. I know my intelligence, and I know that I’ve been put in a top set for a reason. It’s just these rare times that make me feel so stupid .
srija08
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cozzymic)
It happened today and now I’m really worried that people think that I am stupid.
The teacher asked me a question on something and I got it right which was fine. I thought she was done asking me things so just as I start concentrating on my work again she asks me something else which I didn’t hear so I ask her to repeat it. I wasn’t really concentrating in the lesson so I suppose it was my bad anyway.
Some people were still talking in the lesson so again I didn’t hear her so I just replied with a ‘I don’t know’. Then the people around me started saying “It’s ____” and ”The answer is ____” but by then I’m starting to get really stressed and embarrassed and everyones words are just overlapping so I just kept saying ‘I don’t know’ to the teacher which then provokes another wave of “The answer is ____”. So then the teacher shuts everyone up and I got the answer just fine after i FINALLY hear what the question was and she explains it.

I’ve never felt more embarrassed, even though I know it’s silly . I’ve always felt really conscious about my reputation in class and what others think of me, so I felt kind of upset when speaking to a friend about it and then just being sidetracked to another subject. I know my intelligence, and I know that I’ve been put in a top set for a reason. It’s just these rare times that make me feel so stupid .
I can understand how it feels coz I have been through the same experiences...Just remember that you know who you are and u know what u r capable of so, don't worry! just remind urself abt that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.19%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.22%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.91%

Watched Threads