The Student Room Group

How would you declare that your self learning an a-level on UCAS?

Also, how would I go around adding a predicted grade??
Original post by themask1

Hi there.

The subject's grade that you are about to resit can be put as pending. @artful_lounger or @Admit-One could explain the predicted grade query. :smile:

Best wishes. :smile:
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

The subject's grade that you are about to resit can be put as pending. @artful_lounger or @Admit-One could explain the predicted grade query. :smile:

Best wishes. :smile:

Actually not so sure about adding predicted grades as I always applied with achieved grades or, for my current course, without them (as SOAS don't predict grades!). I think the normal approach is that students list the predicted grade as pending and their academic referee writes the predicted grades in their reference also?

Original post by themask1

For declaring the self-studied subject I think you would need to have your academic referee note that you are self studying the subject in question outside of formal tuition provided by the school. You can't really self-predict a grade though and if you are studying independently you would just have to list it as pending as above I guess, without a letter grade attached to it.
You list it alongside your other A levels as 'pending'.
You ask your referee to explain in ther referenve that you are taking this subject privately - and why.
They may also be willing to suggest a predicted grade for that subject despite the fact that you are not taking it 'at school' if you ask nicely.
As above, either your nominated ref agrees to provide a prediction OR you apply without one.

Not that unusual a situation for self study; uni’s will be used to this.
If you’re taking the exam at a different exam centre then you add the other exam centre with part time attendance for the months of the exams-results and then add the A level to that exam centre.

If you’re taking the exam at the same exam centre as your other qualifications then just ask your referee to explain it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending