The Student Room Group

Problems in my first gay relationship

Dated a man for about 4 months, oficially became boyfriends about 3 weeks ago. I feel like he loves me more than i do, and this makes me feel guilty. Because i want to love him as much as he does, but cant force myself to feel. He is so caring and understanding, but i made a mistake in telling him all this, and it hurt him. what should i do? does it mean we should break up? should i lie about what i feel and hope for the best? sometimes i even wonder if i even deserve love, if i cant give it.
Original post by Will6Lia
Dated a man for about 4 months, oficially became boyfriends about 3 weeks ago. I feel like he loves me more than i do, and this makes me feel guilty. Because i want to love him as much as he does, but cant force myself to feel. He is so caring and understanding, but i made a mistake in telling him all this, and it hurt him. what should i do? does it mean we should break up? should i lie about what i feel and hope for the best? sometimes i even wonder if i even deserve love, if i cant give it.

Hi there.

You can't force yourself to feel certain feelings and emotions so don't blame yourself. Spending more time together and becoming closer may help your love and bond with him to grow. Perhaps give him some time to think things through but offer to be there for him so he can contact you when he's ready. Lying about what you feel isn't fair on him but at the same time it may be due to your own personal confidence and issues which could make you feel as though your unworthy of such love so it may be worth telling him this if this is the case.

Hope this makes sense. :smile:
Best wishes.
Reply 2
Hey, thanx for answering. You are right, i guess. I cant choose what to feel. It seems so obvious now, haha, but i guess you sometimes need someone to point out such things.
Your relationship is still very new, so don't put so much pressure on yourself to feel a certain way about him. Some people are very enthusiastic and fall quickly and others are more reserved. If it takes you longer to develop that type of emotional connection with a person that is okay. What might feel like love for him is likely to just be that initial excitement and infatuation that can come in the first few months of dating someone new.

It doesn't mean you need to break-up. Enjoy the relationship for what it is, and if it's the right one those more intense feelings will come later.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending