Is it possible to apply to a foundation year through clearing ?

Watch this thread
Habeshagirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ve been looking at clearing places as I want to do a different degree from the one I applied to. I took a gap year and I will be 20 if I start uni this September. I’ve seen a lot of unis want you to be 21 at a minimum for the foundation year. I meet their A Level grade requirements BUT I’m not going to be 21 til next year. My A Levels were all essay based humanities subjects and the Foundation Years I’ve looked at for Interdisciplinary Sciences and geared at people with humanities A Levels. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
Last edited by Habeshagirl; 4 weeks ago
naanybready
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
honestly contact the university and ask if they’ll accept or take you on
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Habeshagirl)
I’ve seen a lot of unis want you to be 21 at a minimum for the foundation year.
Not a common prerequisite unless you are looking at ones specifically designed for mature students.
There are plenty of Year 0 courses that do not have this requirement.
Habeshagirl
Rep:
(Original post by naanybready)
honestly contact the university and ask if they’ll accept or take you on
Ok, thankyou! I’ll give that a go
Habeshagirl
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Not a common prerequisite unless you are looking at ones specifically designed for mature students.
There are plenty of Year 0 courses that do not have this requirement.
I’ve also seen quite a few foundation years geared at international students so I didn’t pay them any mind but someone on the student room said they got onto a foundation year labelled an “international foundation year” at QMUL and that they label these foundation years as such despite also accepting Home Students. Do you think its worth me asking university admissions if they accept Home Students on the international foundation years or not?
naanybready
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve been looking at clearing places as I want to do a different degree from the one I applied to. I took a gap year and I will be 20 if I start uni this September. I’ve seen a lot of unis want you to be 21 at a minimum for the foundation year. I meet their A Level grade requirements BUT I’m not going to be 21 til next year. My A Levels were all essay based humanities subjects and the Foundation Years I’ve looked at for Interdisciplinary Sciences and geared at people with humanities A Levels. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
what foundation year degree are you looking for?
Habeshagirl
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by naanybready)
what foundation year degree are you looking for?
A foundation year in the sciences for those who didn’t do any Science A Levels
naanybready
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
you can do foundation years yeah, just check ucas or if you want let me know what your plan is in terms of what you want to do i can help
you out
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I’ve also seen quite a few foundation years geared at international students so I didn’t pay them any mind but someone on the student room said they got onto a foundation year labelled an “international foundation year” at QMUL and that they label these foundation years as such despite also accepting Home Students. Do you think its worth me asking university admissions if they accept Home Students on the international foundation years or not?
An IFY will usually not get student finance and will charge international rate fees. So while home students can still apply and get places it’s not affordable for the majority of applicants.

Have you looked at the ucas course search?
Filter for year 0 and your residency to see courses with vacancies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (54)
69.23%
In the post (3)
3.85%
Text (10)
12.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (11)
14.1%

Watched Threads