(.............)
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I just saw that UOB has just gone into early clearing I was wondering is it likely that courses in early clearing now will remain in clearing till results day?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Courses are added and removed from clearing all the way from July to September.

There’s no guarantees that a course will stay open or closed.
(.............)
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Courses are added and removed from clearing all the way from July to September.

There’s no guarantees that a course will stay open or closed.
Do universities consider you for different courses that are similar?
So for example if you had firmed Maths but missed one of the entry requirement grades would they consider you on other math courses like Maths and Philosophy (Assuming you still got the A maths they want)
Or would you have to apply through clearing for these courses
University of Salford
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by (.............))
So for example if you had firmed Maths but missed one of the entry requirement grades would they consider you on other math courses like Maths and Philosophy (Assuming you still got the A maths they want)
Hi @.............

Some universities may do, it just depends on their admissions decisions! If you have a university in mind it might be a good idea to give them a call and query with them specifically, as we're all a little awkward and make decisions differently As long as a course is open in clearing and you've not already applied for it at that university you should be able to apply for similar courses (just not the same one twice!), but again double check with your specific universities if you want to be certain!

All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by (.............))
most universities will do this but there's no harm in emailing your firm/insurance choices and asking them to consider your for alternate courses (list what you'd like) if they're unable to take you on to your first choice of course.

If they change your course then you get the option to accept or decline the course change on results day (so for example if your firm makes an offer for you to take a BA English instead and you don't want it you can decline the course change offer and you'll be passed on to your insurance choice instead)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (118)
40.41%
They're exactly what I expected (70)
23.97%