The Student Room Group

Tommy Fury vs Jake Paul

Does anyone know what is happening with it?
It looks as if Jake won't be fighting him.
Original post by Boss G
Does anyone know what is happening with it?

Original post by gtty123
It looks as if Jake won't be fighting him.

The full story is too long to explain, but the summary is:

Tommy Fury is connected to a company called MTK Global, specifically though his brother Tyson Fury whose advisor / manager is Daniel Kinahan. Kinahan was placed on the US criminal list, so anyone with connections to him has been banned from travelling to the USA.

Tommy knew this which is why he signed to fight Jake Paul for the 2nd time after faking his injury before the 1st fight, as he knew he would be banned from travelling to the USA, and then afterwards acted like he didn’t know anything about it.

Anyway, this is why the fight has been cancelled. I think Paul is fighting Hasidic Rahman Jr. He is a heavyweight so I think he’ll have to go down to 200lbs. He is 12-1 so is actually a proper fighter unlike previous opponents.
Original post by Driving_Mad
The full story is too long to explain, but the summary is:

Tommy Fury is connected to a company called MTK Global, specifically though his brother Tyson Fury whose advisor / manager is Daniel Kinahan. Kinahan was placed on the US criminal list, so anyone with connections to him has been banned from travelling to the USA.

Tommy knew this which is why he signed to fight Jake Paul for the 2nd time after faking his injury before the 1st fight, as he knew he would be banned from travelling to the USA, and then afterwards acted like he didn’t know anything about it.

Anyway, this is why the fight has been cancelled. I think Paul is fighting Hasidic Rahman Jr. He is a heavyweight so I think he’ll have to go down to 200lbs. He is 12-1 so is actually a proper fighter unlike previous opponents.

Interesting. I assumed Tommy was smarter than this, but I guess he wasn't after all.

Quick Reply