The Student Room Group

What do you do for a living?

And do you like it

Scroll to see replies

Make and fit legs, arms and braces for people with limb loss/difference and people with complex mobility or independence issues. And yes couldn't see myself doing anything else, got a good balance of doing something that is infinitely rewarding but also constantly interesting to me.
(edited 1 year ago)
student
and no, I don't like it
Original post by Boss G
And do you like it

HCA in a nursing home - absolutely
Soon to be student - hopefully!
Student/waitress/youtube
I like the latter, not the former ones
i look at financial documents for patterns
no its boring, will become a software engineer soon
And do you like it:lol:
:boing:
Police officer

Absolutely hate it
Original post by thrivingfrog
Student/waitress/youtube
I like the latter, not the former ones

What's your yt about
Original post by James9103
Police officer

Absolutely hate it

****. Quit then. Last thing we need is a copper out there hating his job, who knows what you'll do out of frustration our James.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
What's your yt about

****. Quit then. Last thing we need is a copper out there hating his job, who knows what you'll do out of frustration our James.

😂😂😂 if every officer who hates the job left you wouldn’t have a police force left.

But, I'm good at my job and will remain fully professional serving the public I took an oath to protect. I just wish I was paid an acceptable wage for the responsibility I carry on my shoulders on a daily basis.
Former Engineer in the military/Civil Service. Complete career change and now work for a charity, involved with the collection and distribution of donated goods for sale.

Loved it all!
Original post by Surnia
Former Engineer in the military/Civil Service. Complete career change and now work for a charity, involved with the collection and distribution of donated goods for sale.

Loved it all!

Aren’t you like 15 or 16?
Original post by Bang Outta Order
What's your yt about

Studying, revision, books etc
Original post by anniisa97
Aren’t you like 15 or 16?

I've been working for longer than a lot of TSR users have been alive!
Original post by Surnia
I've been working for longer than a lot of TSR users have been alive!

Hm ok
Reply 16
i'm a pet
it's alright but sometimes my overly ambitious brain gets in the way and i get depressed over it
I work as an electronics engineer. It's not glamorous, and I don't make a lot of money. I should have just gotten that EE, or better yet, something I actually enjoy doing, because I'm not going to have much in life anyway.
Academic. yes.
Original post by James9103
Police officer

Absolutely hate it

You know whose fault that is?

The general public at large. They have sat back and over the course of the last 40 years or so allowed the criminal justice system to become what it has become. The public are lightning fast to criticise and scream like banshees for blood at the first sign of difficulty - but have absolutely no alternatives nor suggestions. They allow the radical left to take hold of law and order and this is why we have what we have - by far and away the most ordered and softest touch policing in the world, but a population who by and large believe it to be oppressive and corrupt.

People are so spoilt and hypocritical that they would rather be victims than be wrong. They would rather they are robbed or assaulted by criminals than crimes prevented or criminals detected and properly punished.

Quick Reply

Latest