The Student Room Group

got blocked after a date? what to do?

I’m 18 and got blocked after a 2nd date with a girl who’s 16. The first date went well, hence we decided to go on a second.

On the 2nd date at the start it went amazing we were kissing non stop and saying we both were into eachother but at the end she got very quiet and then was like ‘i don’t think we’re gonna work out, the age gap is an issue‘ then she left early and walked off and blocked me on everything.

Really unsure what to do because why would it go so well she say she likes me and kiss me then one hour later suddenly change her mind and block me on everything??
You don't do anything. She's made her intentions explicit by saying she doesn't think you should date and then blocking you.
Why did she go on a second date and kiss you and then turn you down? Who knows. It could be a myriad of reasons. It doesn't really matter. Point is she said what she wants to stop dating and has blocked you. Just get on with your life, go on dates with other people, and don't attempt to contact her or persuade her otherwise.
Move on and never interact with her again.
She's made up her mind that she is not interested in further involvement and has probably added a maximum age dealbreaker.
You may want to consider adding an age dealbreaker that rules out dating under 17s.

Most under 18s that are over the minimum legal age of sexual consent have limited relationship experience and none at all of intimate relationships with adults that go beyond ons or a few casual dates that may/may not involve unlawful sexting with explicit images exchanged.
Generally lacking any intimate relationship experience involving adult partners that survived beyond 4 dates or 60 days.
Thus they are often unsure of their own ambitions, lifestyle preferences and sometimes even attraction dealbreakers.
Focusing on this fact too much with a negative mindset can make many 16-17 year old teenagers feel nervous or very uncomfortable and that age gaps involving over 18s & 16-17 year olds will never work.
I'm writing as a female who is only attracted to guys older than me and has always dated with a minimum 15 year age gap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending