The Student Room Group

How does asking out a friend even work?

I can't speak for everyone, but I go on "date-like" hangouts one-on-one with my female friends all the time. Like coffee, cinemas, drinks, dinner, etc. So if I were interested in one as more than a friend and asked her out for a drink, surely she wouldn't think that any different from what we always do? Even if I used the word date and we both agreed it was one, I'm not sure it would actually *feel* much different from a normal hangout? Is there something I'm missing here?
Original post by SpacePatroFan189
I can't speak for everyone, but I go on "date-like" hangouts one-on-one with my female friends all the time. Like coffee, cinemas, drinks, dinner, etc. So if I were interested in one as more than a friend and asked her out for a drink, surely she wouldn't think that any different from what we always do? Even if I used the word date and we both agreed it was one, I'm not sure it would actually *feel* much different from a normal hangout? Is there something I'm missing here?

I have this with a guy I met at college, we didn't see much of each other but when we did we'd do coffee and get on like a house on fire (as friends). College has finished now and I do kind of 'like' him but I don't really have an excuse to see him anymore and don't know if he genuinely wants to keep in touch. He's a super friendly guy to everyone so it's really hard to tell in what way he likes me and how much, I suggested a results day celebration and he said we should invite other friends so I kind of just agreed but we haven't spoken since (everyone else is out of the country on results day). I dunno I feel like you know for sure when someone likes you :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending