Student 999
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
For the first part of the question is what I've written valid and is there a much straight forward approach?Name:  Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 14.26.27.png
Views: 10
Size:  284.1 KBName:  IMG_E6DB8D5A70A6-1.jpeg
Size:  93.1 KBName:  IMG_9FAF9AC83A13-1.jpeg
Size:  81.5 KB
Last edited by Student 999; 4 weeks ago
Student 999
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Also can I just show for each configuration of a1,a2,a3 and provide a set of b1,b2,b3 that works?

For example if Betty knows, (2,3,4)= a_1,2,3
he/she can choose (3,4,2)= b_1,2,3 to win and repeat for all the possible configurations?
ghostwalker
Badges: 17
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Student 999)
For the first part of the question is what I've written valid and is there a much straight forward approach?
'Fraid I find your workings too torturous to read, so I don't generally look through them in any detail.

But I note at the outset, a_1,a_2,a_3 are non-negative integers; not necessarily positive integers. So, your initial list of possible triplets summing to 9 is far from complete.
Student 999
Rep:
(Original post by ghostwalker)
'Fraid I find your workings too torturous to read, so I don't generally look through them in any detail.

But I note at the outset, a_1,a_2,a_3 are non-negative integers; not necessarily positive integers. So, your initial list of possible triplets summing to 9 is far from complete.
Could you give me a set of numbers that sum to 9 that I haven’t considered yet?
ghostwalker
Badges: 17
Report 4 weeks ago
Could you give me a set of numbers that sum to 9 that I haven’t considered yet?
DFranklin
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
For the first part of the question is what I've written valid and is there a much straight forward approach?
You write a_{3\text{min}} = 3, without explaining what a_{3\text{min}} is, let alone why it equals 3.
Don't do that.

Edit: yes I know what you probably mean, and I know why you probably thought it was obvious. But I (or an examiner) should not be having to go through what you've written and basically fill in the gaps for you. Yes, this is a repeated them in my responses to you.
Last edited by DFranklin; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (15)
36.59%
They're what I expected (11)
26.83%
They're worse than what I expected (15)
36.59%

Watched Threads