The Student Room Group

Revison

I wanted to ask for study and revision tips for GCSE
Original post by Harsh.C
I wanted to ask for study and revision tips for GCSE

hi. you could make flashcards and stuff like that. a time table is also really useful as you'll be more organised. i also suggest you start revising early, as you wont have to study for hours on end a couple of months before the exam which is super stressful. Also do past papers as much as you can, its good revision
Original post by -Himaya-
hi. you could make flashcards and stuff like that. a time table is also really useful as you'll be more organised. i also suggest you start revising early, as you wont have to study for hours on end a couple of months before the exam which is super stressful. Also do past papers as much as you can, its good revision

also please dont stress out too much :smile:
Hi,
I completed my gcse's in the year 2021.I would highly recommend developing a good work ethic from the start.This doesnt mean that you should do hours upon hours of revision but keep consistent with the revision that you do at home.For example,try different revision methods and see which one works best for you.Personally,I dont make notes when I revise because I use my revision guide and my textbook to understand the content.Later I will try practice questions to consolidate my knowledge.

I think a key point to remember is to learn from the mistakes that you have made ,and see what you can improve to prevent those mistakes from happening.

Also, dont get too stressed about revision now.Your young and just relax through your summer holidays.

Good luck
If you want any subject specific tips I can try write some tips for it.
for maths do a lot of questions, if you dont have a lot of time till a test or they are a breese do like A,C,E if you know what i mean or less. This will help you see where you need to improve so you can.

science - revison cards really help me (making them exept for languge), i use sticky notes make a whole bunch of questions stick them everywhere then try answer them (it helps with the recall) but find what works for you

also do a LOT of practice questions

Quick Reply

Latest