The Student Room Group

A level Geography vs A level economics

I’m wanting to know opinions on the two courses. I’ve seen people say that economics is similar to human geography but how true is this.

Both are interesting courses and i’ve already done a bit of a level geography before however that was only human geography as my physical geography teacher was covering someone on maternity leave.

Realistically, for someone that doesn’t want to go to university but wants to learn interesting stuff and do a worthwhile subject which is the better option.
Reply 1
I recently finished my A level course for geography and if you're looking for me personally I found it super eye-opening, making me perceive things in a different light such as links to climate change. Plus some of the case studies are extremely fascinating but the negative for me was how content-heavy the subject is itself as it covers such a wide variety which I found quite overwhelming, just to take into consideration.

However, I can't comment on economics so I can't really help in that department, sorry!
You asked the same question a few days ago - and have already received sensible replies.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
You asked the same question a few days ago - and have already received sensible replies.

That was business vs economics not geography vs economics. There was two replies on that thread in which one was from you. It doesn’t hurt me asking this question again. Thanks for your input anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest