Turn on thread page Beta

embarassing girly question - how do you wipe? watch

anon as i'm extremely embarassed about this :o:

basically, i'm 16 years old and (this is so cringey!) i'm not sure if i've been wiping myself correctly after i have a wee. i always hear this 'front to back' thing but i dont really understand it very well. so i've been going from back to front for as long as i can remember (putting my hand betwen my legs from the front and wiping forwards).
    the only problem is i dont feel like i'm wiping myself properley as i have to wear a pantyliner everyday because i (to put it bluntly) sometimes drip a bit after i go to the loo.
    am i not waiting for long enough after i've peed before i wipe? and how do you wipe? i dont really understand what the best way to do it is

thank you for any replies (please dont make fun of me)!

Keep anon as i'd rather not share this with the internet!

Its best to go front to back to avoid uti's and stuff, but i just do front and back separately because its easier. Sorted
    Im not sure about the dripping tho... could actually be a medical problem..?

ReputationRep:
    Er.

(Original post by nander)
    Er.
    please dont reply if you're not going to give a proper answer because i feel stupid enough as it is. i'd rather i got no answers than ones making fun of me.

ReputationRep:
    *bloke's point of view*

i believe the thing about not wiping back to front, is so that you dont take stuff from your anus to your vagina; for two reasons; first and foremost health / hygeine; there are bacteria that you dont want moving, secondly 'cos if you excpect a future boyfried to go down on you, he wont want to taste your poo

*end of possible *********

Afrodisiac is right, (the first one is what I was told by the people who gave us 'the talk' in our girls PE lessons in yr 7 anyway lol)
    its a hygiene thing.
    she also told us that don't worry if you have been doing back to front, just do it properly from now on and it should be ok

ReputationRep:
    yeah I think you should go to the doctor who might tell you you have weak pelvic floor muscles and give you advice on how to improve them, however it could be something else, so just go find out!

with the wiping, try front to back but otherwise just dab firmly with seperate pieces of tissue, basically any way to avoid havng the same part of tissue come into contact with your vagina after being in contact with your anus.

ReputationRep:
    Dont know if this is helpful...but when my mum had a hysterectomy they told that to completely empty her bladder she should sort of rock backwards and forwards towards the end of a wee to empty properly...?

Also...hold the toilet tissue against where the wee comes out while you stand up off the loo...if any little drips of wee come out due to the change in angle...the toilet tissue will catch it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah like the others have said, wiping from the back to front brings all the bacteria from you gut and rectum (not necessarily very nice) around to your vagina which can cause lovely infections because they like it where its warm and moist.... if you haven't had any other problems I wouldn't worry though and just do front to back from now on....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.