Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need to make a choice between Ravensbourne and AIB (Bournemouth) for my final choice on my UCAS application.

I am hoping to do media production, as was wondering which would be better in respect of employment opportunites, and which has a better reputation generally.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I can only say for Bournemouth Arts Institute as a whole as I did my foundation year there, I'm not sure about specific courses. But generally AIB has a great reputation. It has a lot of links to the industry etc and would look great on a CV. Everyone I met there absolutely loved it, the creative atmosphere is ace.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply, the atmosphere is one of the most important things so that's good.

ReputationRep:
    for any kind of production, broadcasting directing etc Ravensbourne is known as one of the best there is.

ReputationRep:
    Arts institute at bournemouth hands down ! its world established!

ReputationRep:
    both are accredited by skillset

Ravenbourne
    http://www.skillset.org/training/san...cle_6390_1.asp
    The Academy enjoys an international reputation for developing high level technical, craft creative content, entrepreneurial and business management skills, responding effectively to industry skills gaps.

Students have direct access to key players within the creative industries, to the very latest equipment and facilities, and the opportunity to showcase their talents at the annual Rave on Air event - the largest student-led broadcasting event in the UK.
    AIB
    http://www.skillset.org/training/san...cle_6386_1.asp
    It includes the National Centre for Computer Animation, the Centre for Broadcasting History Research, the UK's only Centre of Excellence in Media Practice, funded by HEFCE, and the former Bournemouth Screen Academy.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.