Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm at a grammar school in Year 11 and i need some help regarding options for sixth form

In the future i would like to do Economics at a very good uni (oxbridge, lse, warwick)

What options would you recommend for sixth from out of these please:

Economics
    Maths Statistics
    Maths Mechanics
    Maths Decision Making
    Double Maths(Maths and Further)
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Computing
    History

These are a mixture of subjects i enjoy and subjects i need! Which ones would be helpful, especially in Maths PLS!! because i really can't decide which maths to do!!!

I've got 4 choices plus critical thinking AS. Double Maths counts as 2 options. Bio and Chem i think are impressive to do on the side and i can use as back-ups. IT and History are really side subjects for me that i can just do and hopefully get A*'s!!!

Comments would be appreciated

THNKX so much...

ReputationRep:
    Double maths, Economics and either chemistry/history as last option.

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend Chemistry as you seem to enjoy Maths and Chemistry is definitely Maths-related.
    And Maths and Economics of course.

ReputationRep:
    could you tell me whats so good about double maths pls? every uni says its good!

ReputationRep:
    It shows that you're academically able and sets you above the rest if you do maths AND further maths....and it also helps prepare you for some parts of economics which require maths.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.