The Student Room Group

University or British Airways job

I put Lancaster as my firm choice and also got a job as a cargo agent - clerical at British Airways, I am stuck on what to choose, anyone can give me an advice? I still can't choose, thinking if I go uni then I will waste few year of my life there, but if I choose the Job then I won't have any studies with me plus I won't have more job opportunities, btw I chose Computer Science, they both start in October. the salary for the job is 25k.
Reply 1
University! A degree in computer science will open so many doors for you, but (no offence to any current cargo agents) a job at the airport does not leave you any room to grow. When you study for a degree you're not wasting your life at university, you're learning the relevant skills to allow you to progress further and way more than £25k per year.
Regardless, it all comes down to your mindset and what you choose to do :smile:
That's true!
Original post by Jomxgs
University! A degree in computer science will open so many doors for you, but (no offence to any current cargo agents) a job at the airport does not leave you any room to grow. When you study for a degree you're not wasting your life at university, you're learning the relevant skills to allow you to progress further and way more than £25k per year.
Regardless, it all comes down to your mindset and what you choose to do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest