The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

For some reason my maintenance loan is continuously being assessed as the lowest amount. I live in a single parent low income household, and details of my household's financial situation has been sent through my mother's account for my loan application. I'm really confused as to why they state I'll get the lowest amount, when my friend who has higher household income is getting the maximum maintenance loan. Anyone else having the same problem? I've waited months now and I think this is their final decision. I'll probably call in to ask tomorrow.
Original post by PerpetualAgony
For some reason my maintenance loan is continuously being assessed as the lowest amount. I live in a single parent low income household, and details of my household's financial situation has been sent through my mother's account for my loan application. I'm really confused as to why they state I'll get the lowest amount, when my friend who has higher household income is getting the maximum maintenance loan. Anyone else having the same problem? I've waited months now and I think this is their final decision. I'll probably call in to ask tomorrow.

Hi there,

When did your mum submit her income details?

Thanks, Erin
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

When did your mum submit her income details?

Thanks, Erin

I don't know the exact date, I can check later, but I know it was very early May, around the 5th
I don't know the exact date, I can check later, but I know it was very early May, around the 5th

I've since received 3-4 letters from SFE saying that the maintenance loan I will be getting is the minimum, I think if I wait longer than this it might be an issue
I've since received 3-4 letters from SFE saying that the maintenance loan I will be getting is the minimum, I think if I wait longer than this it might be an issue

If you send us a message via the live chat function on your online account, we will be able to check if this is the case.

Thanks, Erin
Original post by Erin SFE
If you send us a message via the live chat function on your online account, we will be able to check if this is the case.

Thanks, Erin

Okay thank you, will do!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending