The Student Room Group

Do you have to pay for resits?

Does your school make you pay for your as resits in january?
I just want to know if it's just my school which makes us pay for them.
It's quite unfair actually to make you pay for them.. especially when they cost around £20 for each module :s-smilie:
Opinions?
Yeah, we have to pay for our resits - £15 per module.
Yup. £12.50 here. They charge as an incentive to get it right the first time. And to cover some of the costs.
Reply 3
Hmm... when I resat an AS module last year it was £12.50

£20 per module? What course is it, Lozzo?
£13 for us, though with the late charge it's £40 odd
Reply 5
Yep - usually £12 - £17
Reply 6
Yeah we have to pay £12.50 for our resits - but if the school consider it their fault that we need to re-sit ( i.e most of the class as was the case in psychology - fancy giving us an r.e teacher to teach us psychology) then they will pay
Not the first time, if u decide to resit the same module a second time then it's £15

although once the deadline's gone past the fee increases by a crazy amount
Reply 8
Yeah, we have to pay different amounts (£13-£20) depending on what the exam board charge. We used to get one free resit in each subject but they scrapped that idea this year.
£15 per module. I'm resitting six modules at the cost of £90 *gulps*
Reply 10
Price depends on how long you apply for the resit, there are different dates which accumulate different price (kinda like an airline-book early and its cheap etc).
We get a free resit if we got below a C in that module, but anything that's C or higher you have to pay :smile:
Reply 12
our school charged £16 per resit last year, this may have gone up this year though...
i guess its a pretty good incentive to do well first time round, considering how much it can add up to if you take 3/4+ modules.
Reply 13
I think I paid £14 for my modules this year.
Reply 14
my sons school is £40 to resit but he has special needs and requires a scribe and extra time so we have to pay for that at a cost of £100!!! we have no choice now resits are mandatory
Original post by Lozzo
It's quite unfair actually to make you pay for them.. especially when they cost around £20 for each module :s-smilie:
Opinions?

Usually yes. Costs may be covered in some situations like if your school was at fault though. My whole class was given free re-sits when we didn't have a teacher and subs taught the wrong topic.
It sucks, especially for people with less funds available, but at the same time there are costs associated and it is you wanting an extra chance. The price can be pretty crazy though.
Original post by Lozzo
Opinions?

I paid £25 for each of the AS French exams I resat. It was for the following summer though, January exams don't exist anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest