Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Im in U6 doing my physics coursework on the resistivtiy of copper sulphate solution.

Basically I'm plonking two metal plates in a trough filled with CuSO4 and placing an alternating current across them. Now obv. the relationship R=V/I explains this as V will stay constant so resistance will be inversely prop to current.

But could I use the equation work done= force x distance? as voltage = JC-1, and then explain why the distance has an effect or is this equation not able to be applied to this concept as no force is being used.

As you can see I'm a bit confused:rolleyes: and would appreciate any help given

Thanks in advance

BC xxx

ReputationRep:
    No, the path that the ions take in the solution would take a supercomputer to model just for one particle. You have ot take into account the mass, size, charge of the ion, number of water molecules - which are polar, and of course the temperature, and volume.

It really is pretty messy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 10, 2008
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.