The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

University of Reading Clearing 2022

Hi all,

If anyone has any questions about clearing or anything Reading related, please don’t hesitate to ask on here - we’d be more than happy to help where we can!

Wishing everyone luck & we hope to see you in Reading soon!

Skye :smile:
2nd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Hi, I have a contextual offer from Reading University. I'm worried about my A level results. What happens if I'm below one or two grades below the conditional offer. Thanks
Hey @anonymous #1

Sorry to hear you're worried about your results. I know it's difficult, but try not to think about it too much as you can't change it for the moment and it's so easy to overthink what you could or couldn't have done in every situation.

If you don't get the results required, you may still be offered a place depending on how different they are to what was asked for example, one grade off in one subject may cause them to be more lenient but also the uni try to view applications on individual basis' and consider other factors too. However, of course I can't guarantee this and things change year on year depending on the volume of applications and how many other people do meet the specific requirements and so on. But if things weren't to go to plan and not given a space in the end, you can also apply through clearing to other courses/universities or get in contact with the admissions team.

Having said that, please try not to worry about it too much before results day as it's out of your hands for now, but just remember that the university has your best interests at heart and they don't want to turn you away if they can help it either!

Hope this is helpful in some way - sorry I can't give a more exact answer than this but wishing you the best of luck for your results!!

The grades I need for my course is C D D so if I don't get in am in some sort of issue?
Hey Everyone,

We know you may be a bit nervous about tomorrow's results day but we just want to reassure you that whatever happens, you will be okay! We're rooting for you and know it's a nerve-wracking day, so try and get a good night's rest tonight and rest assured that you did your best - results do not define you or your future.

If things don't go as you hoped tomorrow though, there are always other options. Think about if there's any alternative route to get to your chosen career path i.e. could you do a different course? do an apprenticeship/other qualification? etc. Think about alternative careers you may enjoy as this could be a good opportunity to explore different avenues (sometimes the best things/things we didn't know we needed, happen when we least expect it!). Talk to your loved ones and remember you're not on your own.
Or, the other great option that people like to explore each year is Clearing. I know this can sound daunting, but you may very well be able to get on the course you'd hoped for through it! How awesome is that?!

Our Clearing Hotline will be open tomorrow from 8:15am - 6:00pm; Friday 9am - 5pm; Saturday 9am -1pm; Monday onwards 9am - 5pm.
Call us on 0118 402 0900 where we'll be more than happy to chat through your options with you. Or if you'd like to find out more, you can visit our website here.
Additionally, we will be online on The Student Room all day tomorrow and Friday, and at regular intervals over the weekend and beyond to help with anything, so do let us know if you have any questions or queries. Remember, we're here for you!

Good luck!! :smile:
Skye
I am considering to transfer To reading for my 2nd year of uni and I achieved a 2:1, will I still be considered for a transfer.
Original post by kiramira670
I am considering to transfer To reading for my 2nd year of uni and I achieved a 2:1, will I still be considered for a transfer.

Hi @kiramira670!

Thank you for asking about transferring to the University of Reading - we would love to try and help you with the transfer of your degree!

Transferring to another University at the end of your First year *can* be a bit tricky, and will depend on the course you want to transfer to, as well as the modules you have studied at your current University, as we need to make sure that you will have the right foundational knowledge to carry on your studies with us (some Universities can have very similar course titles and study wildly different areas!)

I'd recommend getting in touch with the admissions team directly, as they are best placed to advise you on the process - their email is [email protected], or you can call them on +44 (0) 118 378 8372. If you let them know what course you want to transfer to at the University of Reading (plus that you're looking to go into Second year), which University you're currently studying at and your course title, as well as a list of your First year modules, that will help the process go along smoothly! As they are still processing Clearing applications and getting everyone set up for 2022 entry, there might be a slight delay in their response, but they will get back to you ASAP.

Best of luck - I know that this can be a really stressful time, and we absolutely are here for you! Give us a shout if you have any other questions :smile:

Lottie
GRTUK and University of Reading alumna (History)
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello
Do you know if the 4 year courses with a foundation year would be on clearing?
Original post by Idkbroo
Hello
Do you know if the 4 year courses with a foundation year would be on clearing?

Hey @Idkbroo

Unfortunately clearing won't open until 5th July, so we don't yet have the latest information about this.
However, if you register your interest here, you can keep up to date with all the latest info as and when we receive it.

We will be setting up a 2023 clearing thread nearer the time, but feel free to ask any questions you have here in the meantime!

Hope this helps.
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending