The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Clearing 2022

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think I might miss my Cardiff offer by a grade. If the course is already in clearing does it mean I have a chance to get in as they already have spare places?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
hi i'm looking to apply to cardiff through clearing, i have my grades and course so that part is perfect. however im very anxious about accommodation and what will be available. apparently cardiff accom really isnt that great and im not looking forward to that. I only want to live in ensuite and self catered. is it common for cardiff students to stay in private accom? but i'd like to be with other first years:frown:
Original post by Anonymous
hi i'm looking to apply to cardiff through clearing, i have my grades and course so that part is perfect. however im very anxious about accommodation and what will be available. apparently cardiff accom really isnt that great and im not looking forward to that. I only want to live in ensuite and self catered. is it common for cardiff students to stay in private accom? but i'd like to be with other first years:frown:

Hi! I’m hoping to start at Cardiff this year as a first year. I’m staying there through private accommodation. I’m not sure if it’s common or not. You can still make friends with people in the same hall as you, or if you intend on clubbing, you can make friends through that path.
Hi I just received a verbal offer from Cardiff and was told I would receive a confirmation email in 10 minutes, its now almost been 2 hours and nothing has come through. I've tried calling but my call isn't going through
Original post by rursino15
Hi I just received a verbal offer from Cardiff and was told I would receive a confirmation email in 10 minutes, its now almost been 2 hours and nothing has come through. I've tried calling but my call isn't going through

Hi! I got a verbal offer too. They sent me my congratulatory email at 12:04. Make sure to add your confirmed offer onto UCAS before 10:30 tomorrow.
Added my clearing choice for cardiff nearly 48 hours ago yet still no offer on track. Got a verbal confirmation and email about it, should I be worried?
Original post by Enginseer
Added my clearing choice for cardiff nearly 48 hours ago yet still no offer on track. Got a verbal confirmation and email about it, should I be worried?

I’ve got my confirmation on UCAS Track and I’ve been approved. Did you add your offer before the 10:30 deadline?
I’ve got my confirmation on UCAS Track and I’ve been approved. Did you add your offer before the 10:30 deadline?

What time did you sent it in and on what day? And if you don't mind me asking, what course?
Hi has anyone been offered Student village Houses my Daughter has been allocated a room there she is very disappointed and will probably reject it . Do you think they will offer an alternative if she does reject it or can anyone recommend private halls ?
Hi has anyone been offered Student village Houses my Daughter has been allocated a room there she is very disappointed and will probably reject it . Do you think they will offer an alternative if she does reject it or can anyone recommend private halls ?

hi,

I lived in taly last year but I had a few friends in student houses (village), the social life there seemed to be quite good and the room quality is the same as most of the talys, the houses are also a lot closer to the uni buildings and the SU. If she does choose to go private I would recommend crown place, eclipse or the neighhbourhood, they're all close to town and uni but from what I know the social life isnt as good as halls :/
Reply 11
Do any first years live in the private accommodation? I missed the deadline for uni guaranteed accomm application so am looking at Crown Place and the other private accommodation close to the Uni SU ... it all looks really nice, but I prefer to be with other first years! Anyone else looking at the private options? Do any current students know if first years live in them?
Original post by Nixc
Do any first years live in the private accommodation? I missed the deadline for uni guaranteed accomm application so am looking at Crown Place and the other private accommodation close to the Uni SU ... it all looks really nice, but I prefer to be with other first years! Anyone else looking at the private options? Do any current students know if first years live in them?

i’m also a first year who missed the deadline looking for accom ! i would prefer to be with others first years too..
i’m also a first year who missed the deadline looking for accom ! i would prefer to be with others first years too..

We have looked around several private accommodations and found Zenith to be nice they had rooms available in shared flats as did Bridge Street Exchange which was a better location but not so nice and more expensive . Both said they would try and place first years together but can’t make any guarantees . The downside of private is you are tied to the years contract if it doesn’t work out and once in a flat if they are full they can’t move you to another if thats not suitable . Hopefully the uni may come up with something for you I know a lot of people are unhappy with the accommodation they have been offered
Reply 14
Thanks for your replies .. sounds like a few first years are looking at the private halls
Reply 15
Update .. I have now booked a room at crown place. I called them to ask about 1st years there .. they were very helpful and can look at the rooms available and try to place you with someone or near people that are similar to you. Hope to see you in a few weeks!
Reply 16

Me too. I applied to Cardiff through clearing not long ago, and I have already summited my accommodation application on 24th August, but I still didn't get an reply to this date. I am thinking if I should find private accom as a backup
Possibly a pointless question since Cardiff lists clearing places as all filled on their website. Is there any point in ringing up to try claim a clearing place at this point? Would there maybe be verbal offers that could be made separate to what website says? Just desperate at this point lol
Reply 18
No harm in calling their admissions but it does sound like they are closed to home students.
Original post by Wedge03
Possibly a pointless question since Cardiff lists clearing places as all filled on their website. Is there any point in ringing up to try claim a clearing place at this point? Would there maybe be verbal offers that could be made separate to what website says? Just desperate at this point lol

I think clearing closed on friday, I emailed and asked. however if you have a clearing offer perhaps it can still be accepted. but I would definitely call them and ask you never know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest