The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LOL is this a joke, how would we know if we were breastfed, LOL do we get a certificate when we stop??
Reply 41
i wasn't breastfed. i've had a lot of health and mental health problems throughout the years.
would i have still had these had i been breast fed? who knows.
Hmm as far as I know I was breastfed until a few months then it started making me sick so I was given moomoo milk, I get ill probably more than average people.
But my brother was for something ridiculous like three years and he always gets this stupid bronchitis, so I don't know.
Maybe the best you can do is do it until like 6months then substitute it, I've heard embarrasing stories of women having toddlers climb up their tops...
Reply 43
I was never breastfed..

I am perfectly fine.. I am one of the smartest people in my friends.. maybe the smartest.. and okay at sports too.. but i do not know all the medical issues in breast feeding.. maybe it is good.. maybe bad.. maybe not make much difference..
Reply 44
vortex_199
Were you allergic to it because of your mother's diet?

My mother could never drink milk while breastfeeding because all of my siblings, including me, were lactose intolerant. We were also allergic to a lot of other stuff. So she had to live on whatever we weren't allergic to or we'd break out in rashes.

Nope nothing to do with her diet. My brother and sister were both fine with it and neither are lactose intolerant, i'm the only one in the family that is.

balloon_parade
I'd give the Dr's a break, if it is so rare then it will take longer to diagnose.

Your Mum & Dad must have been worried sick when you were a tiny baby!

Well its not that hard to figure out what it could be. I was stuck in isolation for a couple of days and the only thing i had was milk and they still couldn't figure it out.

Nope my parents weren't that worried, they even went off on holidays for a week leaving me in the hospital!
bexicle89

Maybe the best you can do is do it until like 6months then substitute it, I've heard embarrasing stories of women having toddlers climb up their tops...

Actually the world health organisation recommends it for 2 years.
My son sometimes tries to whip my boobs out in public lol :o: (he has yet to succeed). I find it kind of amusing actually.

footballcrazy12
LOL is this a joke, how would we know if we were breastfed?

umm...ask your parents :rolleyes:
Jadel_L

Nope my parents weren't that worried, they even went off on holidays for a week leaving me in the hospital!

:eek:
PinkMobilePhone
Actually the world health organisation recommends it for 2 years.
My son sometimes tries to whip my boobs out in public lol :o: (he has yet to succeed). I find it kind of amusing actually.

umm...ask your parents :rolleyes:

im not going to ask my parents if i was breastfed!!!!!!! :nah:
however i do believe i was thankyou
repellent
As in you got infant formula from birth as a baby? Its not a common topic if you don't have kids but with all these breast is best studies etc its as though people who were breastfed are superior healthwise compared to those who were not, its as though breast milk is magic lol. For example yesterday I found this on the BBC news website.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7715261.stm

Not only this but adults who were breastfed are said to have lower cholesterol, lower risk of cancer, lower risk of multiple sclerosis, heart disease, depression.. a longer life you name it. Im no good at accurately interpreting research but those who were not breastfed are you bothered/worried by this? Or do you put it down to speculation? Do you think you would have been better/stronger/healthier had you been breast fed? Before anyone says 'I wasn't breastfed and am fine' thats not the issue, its the idea that you would have been healthier. Thought it would be interesting as people don't seem to care how they were fed as a baby yet there is all this evidence..

So let me get this straight. You ask if anyone was not breast fed, list the many bad things that are said to occur to these people and then expect them to answer "Yes" en masse?

:curious:
Reply 49
I must also say.. having not been breastfed.. i have never had any serious illness.. or anything harmful that could be caused by it..

I think maybe.. it is healthier to breastfeed though.. I do not know..
footballcrazy12
im not going to ask my parents if i was breastfed!!!!!!! :nah:

why not?
Reply 51
PinkMobilePhone
:eek:

Yea i know, i was quite shocked when they told me as well. I wasn't on my own though, my Aunty was looking after me so its not as bad as it sounds.
I wasn't, apparently I wouldn't take it. My mum said she felt like she failed as a mother :frown:
Although I was bottle-fed as an infant, I was never particularly ill during my childhood years :smile:
Moi. My mother has never really been the...maternal type. :biggrin:
I wasn't breastfed, neither was my brother - Mum couldn't stand the thought of it at all. Just one of those things.

Healthwise, my brother has asthma, but that's genetic. He couldn't have been breastfed anyway, he couldn't have milk (any sort), some weird condition where he's projectile vomit afterwards. Had to have some special stuff and an op at 6 weeks.

Me, I had excema, but as both sides of my family have a history it's presumed to be genetic, followed right pattern. Asides from that was healthy until I had a lot of stress, but that was just bad luck really. Being breast fed wouldn't have stopped that!

I'm fat, but that's a combination of old medical problems and diet (my own fault), so meh.
I was breast fed and me and my sister are rarely ill. I can't remember the last time we were ill =/ I'm not allergic to anything, never had any bad health problems *touch wood*

I'd breast fed my child. I would HATE to give them forumla. I can't believe the amount of people on here who weren't breasfed =/ Obviously excluding those mothers who just couldn't produce the milk or it hurt too much etc. Giving a baby forumla just seems like a lazy option and I'm sure that's why most mothers do it and ffs that's what boobs are for.
I never was, although I think my mum may have used a breastpump.. not too sure though.
I get ill occasionally.. and when I do it's really bad and then I can go for months without getting a cold.
I wasnt breast fed and Im rarely ill, have no allergies etc :yep: I am short though, but I think thats just the family curse :shifty: :sad:
Reply 59
I wasn't breastfed. The idea that having been breastfed years ago stops you from getting colds/sniffles/flu etc is a a heck of a lot of crap. Breastfeeding provides you with your mothers antibodies for a temporary period only. My immune system, at age 18, is NO worse off than it would be if I was breastfed. It would have been better as a baby, but it's making no difference to anyone's immune system now. About it preventing cancer etc I'm dubious. That would suggest that your mother would somehow have a magical ability to prevent cancer - I'm sure this is more to do with genes and lifestyle than anything else.

Latest

Trending

Trending