Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is there any health risks of performing oral sex on a girl? i dnt have any sti's. x

ReputationRep:
    but she might!

ReputationRep:
    there are indeed risks, check around online for specifics, but if she has an STI there could be real risk involved.

having said that, you could have possibly received an STI from her going down on you, if this was true.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    if shes free of STI's then no..

ReputationRep:
    You could use a dental dam but, for the love of god, put some lube on the side you'll be putting on her or it'll dry her out pretty fast.

ReputationRep:
    if she doesn't have an STI and you don't have something like herpes/cold sores on your mouth then you should be fine. usually with oral STI risks are mostly the ones that can be contracted through external contact, like genital warts/warts around mouth, herpes/cold sores on mouth.

WTF u guys r soo immature, she doesnt have sti's ok, and her vagina doesnt smell of fish either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    WTF u guys r soo immature, she doesnt have sti's ok, and her vagina doesnt smell of fish either.
    Well then common sense would tell you there isn't any risk :/ Honestly.

ReputationRep:
    Must some of these posts be so vulgar?

Girls do not usually smell/taste like fish, we don't go on about going down on guys and talking about the possibility of smegma. If neither male or females wash then there genitalia will not be clean and smell as fresh.

It really bugs me how immature guys can be about this, especially when usually (not always so don't flame me) girls are cleaner then guys.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of risks were you possibly thinking of then?

ReputationRep:
    If she's a whore, don't risk it; many STI's can transfer through oral sex, Herpes being one of the worst

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure they were just trying to point out the only health risk is STI related, so if you're both in the clear then you should be fine.

However I also wanted to point out to be wary of cold sores on your mouth if you get them. Because they aren't really harmful people forget to worry about them, but if you had one and went down on a girl it is likely she could get herpes, which is pretty much cold sores in the genital area.

And yeah the fish jokes are immature.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.