Human Rights Placement Watch

Shake 'n Bake
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I have to apply for my second placement and was just wondering what I could do to boost my chances and C.V.

I've volunteered at an NGO orphanage abroad, and done normal fundrasing in London for different charities. What else?

Also I'm not really sure where to apply

I wanted to apply for Amnesty International but it's voluntary and I need a paid placement. I want to work with governmental organisations and not in a solicitors firm as I have already done that. Any ideas?
Takahashi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
paid work at an NGO is pretty hard to find, especially in the legal sector, I think you will struggle to find a paid placement doing this kind of work.
Juneau
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I could be wrong but I think you will have to alter your expectations. In almost all cases you will not be paid. The reason is simple; there is always another student out there who will jump at the chance and do it for free. Although in a different sector to what you're interested in but the International courts (ICC, ICTY etc.) host interns, none of whom are paid and people actively save so that they can undertake internships....
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (192)
18.7%
No (622)
60.56%
Not really bothered about them (213)
20.74%

Watched Threads