The Student Room Group

Weight loss

I started joining to the gym from last week.I am very determined to lose 10 kg in 3 weeks.Please don't discourage me saying it's impossible rather I need ideas apart from going to the gym by which I lose about 300 calories a day.I need more ideas on how to lose weight more eg what sort of exercises lose my calories.

Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by 123ereeerrgh
I started joining to the gym from last week.I am very determined to lose 10 kg in 3 weeks.Please don't discourage me saying it's impossible rather I need ideas apart from going to the gym by which I lose about 300 calories a day.I need more ideas on how to lose weight more eg what sort of exercises lose my calories.

Thank you.

I'm going to be harsh and I will discourage you. Whether you want to hear the truth or not, I will state it. Losing 10kg in three weeks is unhealthy, impractical and unadvisable. If you really want to lose weight and keep that weight off, you need to be open to the truth and the concept of patience. You could get replies telling you how to do it. You'll just be ruining your body and setting yourself up for long term failure because your body will gain all that back and more if you lose it too quickly.

Do you even know if you need to cut your calories? What if you just have to switch half or more of your carbs for veggies and protein while maintaining your current calorie intake? What if you just need to alternate high carb and low carb days to increase your metabolic rate? You've clearly done zero studies on this and you're going for the typical 'exercise till I drop and starve for half the day' route. That is not how anybody should be living and you won't be able to maintain that lifestyle.

It's great that you want to be healthy but don't go for those silly 'two weeks, get shredded' challenges or starve for half a day tips. It will hurt you.
You need to have a deficit of 3,630 calories every.single.day to lose 10kg in 3 weeks. A deficit, mind you.

What is your height and weight? how many calories are you eating per day?

Thank you.

Everything is possible if you have the right attitude and work hard for it. Don't listen to the naysayers they will only divert you from your goal.

Losing weight has many exercises that you can practice even at home to decrease the level of fat that you have you can see these exercises on youtube as it is a better demonstration of how to do them. But first of all, you need to figure out which area of your body has the most amount of fat that needs to be tackled and then attack that area with specific exercises to burn that fat fast. Diet is also a more important part of losing weight as is sleeping. please make sure that you don't eat fatty foods, or soft drinks and minimize your sugar intake you can add lemon to your diet and maybe lemon or green tea as well as it is said to reduce and break the fat in your body so it can better affect those areas when you excercise.
dont worry everything has a use. we can use u as a bouncy ball

Thank you.
Reply 5
@ don't listen to the naysayers.

Do not listen to the uneducated ones. I say this because I genuinely do not want you to get hurt. Take this from someone who used to set unhealthy weight loss goals like you and nearly made herself anorexic. I had to be rushed to the hospital. And I'll give you just one reason why you shouldn't listen to that person. There is no such thing as topical weight loss. I have spoken to many doctors. If anybody starts giving you advice by saying you should focus on a certain area to lose weight there, they do not know what normal weight loss is much healthy weight loss is. Topical weight loss is a myth or misconception. You lose weight everywhere. Some places just lose it more than others due to your body's fat distribution and that is dependent on genetics.

My aim is not to discourage you from your goal. I won't take such an accusation lightly. My aim is to encourage you to set realistic, long-lasting goals, and do proper research so you make a healthy exercise and diet plan.

Quick Reply

Latest