The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

2022 Application Cycle for 2023 Admission

When University of Bath (UoB) is one of the 5 UCAS choices during early submission in September (together with Oxbridge), will UoB make its offer to these applicants early in Dec/Jan, or will it defer its offers?
All Unis will make decisions in their own time whenever you apply. They don't prioritise those who apply early or who 'might have applied to Oxbridge'.
You could wait until spring for a decison or you coud get a decsion within weeks of application, but since you dont have ti make a deciosn about Firm/Insurance until June this is not an issue.

Subject at Bath?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by McGinger
All Unis will make decisions in their own time whenever you apply. They don't prioritise those who apply early or who 'might have applied to Oxbridge'.
You could wait until spring for a decison or you coud get a decsion within weeks of application, but since you dont have ti make a deciosn about Firm/Insurance until June this is not an issue.

Subject at Bath?

From what I am reading on TSR, some universities allocate their student accommodation on a first-come-first-serve basis. So if it is possible to make Firm/Insurance decisions earlier (eg receiving offers from top 2 choices, and cancelling remainder 3), one can confirm student accommodation earlier. This will also give applicants a peace of mind, to hunker down and study for exams.
Subject at Bath?

Psychology with Placement.
Original post by Anonymous
Psychology with Placement.

Its competitive therefore dont expect a quick decision.
Its competitive therefore dont expect a quick decision.

Will applicants who have higher predicted grades than standard offer 36 (766) in IB get earlier offers? Expected predicted grades based on end of year in Grade 11 (Year 12) results is 45/45.
Will applicants who have higher predicted grades than standard offer 36 (766) in IB get earlier offers? Expected predicted grades based on end of year in Grade 11 (Year 12) results is 45/45.

Plenty of other people will apply to Bath with top predictions as well.

Why are you so concerned with getting an immediate offer.
Plenty of other people will apply to Bath with top predictions as well.

Why are you so concerned with getting an immediate offer.

I didn't say I was concerned. And neither did I say I expected an immediate offer. There is also no need to be rude in your reply.
some universities allocate their student accommodation on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Bath doesnt.
It isnt allocated until August.

And Bath guarantees Uni accomodation even to Clearing applicants - ie. there isnt a shortage of housing.
Will applicants who have higher predicted grades than standard offer 36 (766) in IB get earlier offers?

Maybe, maybe not - because Bath, like most Unis, looks at more that just your predicted grades.
And some courses tey dont start making offers until December/Jamuary.
When University of Bath (UoB) is one of the 5 UCAS choices during early submission in September (together with Oxbridge), will UoB make its offer to these applicants early in Dec/Jan, or will it defer its offers?

Hello,

I am currently a second year studying at the University of Bath who also had this stress of waiting for my offers to come in! Luckily at the university all accommodation is guaranteed if you are eligible for university accommodation and apply before July 1st. This means there is no need to worry about receiving your offer yet, lots of subjects are high in demand and this may delay the process as well as lots of other external factors!

Let us know if you have any other questions about studying at the University of Bath!

Sophia
2nd Year Modern Languages Student

Quick Reply

Latest