The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

University of Lancaster Clearing 2022

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I've applied to do a creative course at Lancaster university, and I don't think I've met all the conditions for my offer. I was wondering if my portfolio and my whole application would be considered, or would I just not get accepted?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I've applied to do a creative course at Lancaster university, and I don't think I've met all the conditions for my offer. I was wondering if my portfolio and my whole application would be considered, or would I just not get accepted?

Nobody can answer that as it will depend on how many places are filled with those who meet their offers. If there are places left, unis tend to fill them with near misses rather than enter clearing.

Hi,
As having worked clearing admissions last year it is hard to tell and this stage as it depends on a large range of factors such as how much you miss the grades by and the subscriptions levels of the course. While I’m not sure whether lancaster takes portfolios into account I would recommend possibly looking at some other course options with lower grades just in case to give you peace of mind but ultimately it is best just to wait until results day before what you can decide to do. If do miss you offer you can always call the admissions team for advise on the day !
I hope this has helped in some way.
Best wishes, Esme (Lancaster student ambassador)
what are the usual clearing offers for computer science at lancaster?
do they take alternate conditions into account such as polar 4 when making a clearing offer?
what are the usual clearing offers for computer science at lancaster?
do they take alternate conditions into account such as polar 4 when making a clearing offer?

Hi!

Lancaster Uni will publish the grades needed for clearing on Tuesday 16th August. Unfortunately, POLAR4 isn’t taken into account when making an offer through clearing.

I hope that this helps!

- Tineke
Lancaster Physics Graduate
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi!

Lancaster Uni will publish the grades needed for clearing on Tuesday 16th August. Unfortunately, POLAR4 isn’t taken into account when making an offer through clearing.

I hope that this helps!

- Tineke
Lancaster Physics Graduate

Hi, not sure if I’m missing something where do Lancaster publish the grades needed for clearing.
Original post by xVxPython
Hi, not sure if I’m missing something where do Lancaster publish the grades needed for clearing.

Hi @xVxPython

All of the courses in clearing are listed here https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/clearing/courses/#
The grade requirements will be published here on Thursday morning, and for now you can see which courses have vacancies :smile:

Yasmin (Lancaster University student ambassador)
Reply 8
Is it Tuesday or Thursday then?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by altmae
Is it Tuesday or Thursday then?

Hi @altmae,

Sorry for the confusion - the grade requirements will be published from Thursday morning onwards (18th Aug).

Shaheer (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Original post by xVxPython

Hi @xVxPython,

The clearing list with grade requirements are now published and can now be find here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/clearing/courses/# :smile:

Lily (Lancaster University student ambassador)
Hi what is the clearing number for lancaster? i cant seem to find it on the website?
Reply 12
Hi, what is the clearing hotline number for Lancaster? Thanks! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 13
any advice for going through clearing to lancaster if i miss my offer conditions? really set on the uni but apprehensive about results. would i be able to ring and get my offer reduced and would i be considered for clearing if i'm rejected from missing my offer?
Original post by JK56
Hi, what is the clearing hotline number for Lancaster? Thanks! :smile:

hey @JK56
Congratulations on result day!

for UK use : 0800 298 9542
for international use: +44 1524 931300

Hope that helps
Vyomika(student ambassador)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by AzureWiggling
What questions are Lancaster university likely to ask to an economics applicant on the clearing call?

Hello @eggsyb
So usually they start with asking what course you are here for to see if the have seats left, if they do then they are most likely to ask for your UCAS ID to access your information. The only major question asked in clearing lines is what grades you have received. If your grade is acceptable then they give you an offer.
Hope that helps and Congratulations on result day!
Vyomika (student ambassador)
Original post by eggsyb
any advice for going through clearing to lancaster if i miss my offer conditions? really set on the uni but apprehensive about results. would i be able to ring and get my offer reduced and would i be considered for clearing if i'm rejected from missing my offer?

Hey @eggsyb
Usually your UCAS is updated if you haven't met the requirements for your firm and insurance. But I think it would be worth giving your firm and insurance unis a call and ask if they still have seats left for your course and then tell them your grade to see if they would accept it. Many times if the University is in clearing and the grade you received is only slightly lower than their original requirements, they are most likely to accept it. But for that I believe you'd still have to ring the clearing hotlines.
Hope that helps and Hopefully you got the grade you needed!!
Vyomika(Student Ambassador)
Hi, I called through clearing yesterday as Lancaster was my insurance place and I got into my firm but wanted to go to Lancaster instead, I got emailed an offer, was just wondering if this is an official offer or if the one that UCAS sends through is the official one and how long it takes for UCAS to approve it through clearing?
Hi, I picked Lancaster as my insurance but got into my firm and reapplied to Lancaster through clearing. Is the email to apply through UCAS an official offer? Is the UCAS application more official and how long does it take for UCAS to process this offer?

Quick Reply