The Student Room Group

Been offered a job unsure what to do

So I'm currently working CIA agency but as far as aware contract ends at the end if this academic year unsure about next year they will get someone in but who for what etc unsure... I work in schools as a TA sen worker.
So like recent been busy looking for other jobs both direct schools and agencies. Ivenow been offered a job from a direct school but unsure what to do?

It's local which is important to me.
It's nice working hours part time which i prefer.
but the school itself I've head isn't the best and the role they've allocatee me i feel i don't quite know much on its a completely different yes it grouo area if work I've done before. I'm. happy to try something new thoyfg.
Don't know what to do plus the thought of leaving this school rips me apart the current school in at us small bit lovely and very supportive. And one side is he is like why leave when they could potentially have a opening CIA agency next year. But is it work taking that risk?
go for it
Original post by tinyperson
go for it

Thanks for reply. It's like I'm stuck between what to do?

I m inclined to take it:
- close to home which is important to me.
- part time which makes things easier for me.
- certainty for September atleadt for a fixed tine which you don't get with agency.

Not inclined to take it:
- I've heard it can be not a nice place to work like to "posh " and I'm used to working in environments that offer challenge.
- worries if i have the competency the knowledge for year 6 curriculum as haven't done it before, but they wouldn't gave given me the job.
- that slight silly apprehension will there be something else better like what happens if a position comes up t at the school I'm working at moment, which is 50/50 aas funding for the sen child could come in. .

Saying that though the reasons for not taking it are a risky choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending