The Student Room Group

can science tell us how we should live?

I would like to answer from a medical perspective. the impact of prolonging life with scientific advances and the different values people take from this perhaps suggest no it can't... what are your opinions?
Reply 1
Original post by lavely
I would like to answer from a medical perspective. the impact of prolonging life with scientific advances and the different values people take from this perhaps suggest no it can't... what are your opinions?

Science cannot tell us how to live our lives and the purpose of science isn't to tell us how to live or to dictate what we should be doing.
Reply 2
yes. but first of all you need to understand the definition of science. "Science is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.". in this case we can say phrases such as "show me your friends I tell you who who you are" is true because "birds of the same feather flock together". If you are a good guy, you definitely hang around good guys. Their discussions, worldview, and approach to issues aligns with your personality. That's why you find a group of intelligent people together planning research and a different group of criminals planning to steal. This is science and can be tested! if you carefully analyze how you live, it is purely science

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending