The Student Room Group

How much for window regulator repair?

My Ford fiesta 2007 plate has the window stuck half open. Its needs a new window regulator.

Halfords have told me £39 just to get the window up. How much more should I expect to pay to get the proper repair?
Reply 1
If you get a pattern part £40 to £80 and for fitting around £80 to £100. Some sites advertise up to £120 for the part. If the window is a rear window you might want to just leave it, and leave it shut?
Original post by Muttly
If you get a pattern part £40 to £80 and for fitting around £80 to £100. Some sites advertise up to £120 for the part. If the window is a rear window you might want to just leave it, and leave it shut?

It's the front drivers side. Stuck open it won't go up to close! If it would just close I'd leave it it's now just the risk of theft ect as its stuck half way open and does my headin on fast roads. Theft probs unlikely it's not worth much only bought the car for 900 as a temp thing😂

Might just ask them to get it to close and not fix it if they'll only charge 40 for that theyve said. I know poeple that could fix it but not till weeks time.. very inconvenient.
Fascinating fact... A car can pass an mot with the front window(s) stuck closed (dont ask how I know)
Original post by Joinedup
Fascinating fact... A car can pass an mot with the front window(s) stuck closed (dont ask how I know)

Well I wish it was stuck closed it's stuck open 🤦*♀️
Original post by Iamamazing22
Well I wish it was stuck closed it's stuck open 🤦*♀️

Yeah, Id take the inner panel off the door and get it closed or pay halfords 40 which seems pretty reasonable tbh.

If its electric make sure its not something trivial like a fuse.

Quick Reply

Latest