Turn on thread page Beta

when have you trully felt happy? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have moments, usually football or friend induced, where I am happy. Though in terms of 'truly happy' I'm not sure I have ever felt that way.

ReputationRep:
    Although Christmas is the time of year when I feel most alone, it warms my heart to look about and see families everywhere, just appreciating what they have. Granted, the "lets-spend-hundreds-on-pressies" ethos is a little ****, but it's all good

Besides, I can actually get away with telling people I like a Mariah Carey song, without them thinking I'm gay. LOL!

ReputationRep:
    When I am free and travelling with friends far far away...

ReputationRep:
    I know I personally suffer from acute anomie. I think lifes **** atm but really its not all that bad. Saying that the last time I was truly happy was when I was high watching Bowling for Soup in Ireland

ReputationRep:
    i was happiest during the first few months with my bf. Now the honeymoon period is over, everything seems to be normal again.

He's now playing Xbox in the living room while leaving me sitting alone in the room being bored!!!

ReputationRep:
    5 days ago. For about an hour. Felt wonderful Not happy for any particular reason, just content with my life and at peace with everything, nothing nagging away at me (as is the usual condition I find myself in) all the time.

But it's gone now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speedstacker)
    i was happiest during the first few months with my bf. Now the honeymoon period is over, everything seems to be normal again.

He's now playing Xbox in the living room while leaving me sitting alone in the room being bored!!!
    You could always go play the xbox. Jesus, some people.

ReputationRep:
    I had a few days this summer. Now I feel vaguely content but not really happy cos there's some stuff that needs sorting out in my life.

ReputationRep:
    I'm generally always happy, even when I'm pissed off to the max I find it funny how wound up I can get, so then I'm happy again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potteralan)
    You could always go play the xbox. Jesus, some people.
    it's a 1 person game...and it's a very graphic game- lots of blood and scary alients!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouLou815)
    Most days actually, life is going well for once!
    This. Uni has been really good for me. i quite often have those moments where i just think life is great

ReputationRep:
    I was happiest when:

I was really young, and spending hours late at night with my older cousins playing Nintendo games, and we'd just completed a really difficult level on Mario or something. (I was only about 3 - Nintendo games were the most important things in my life :p:)

Or before I came to uni, and I'd be spending loads of time with or on the phone to my best friend from back home. Especially going to the city centre during Christmas, or going to huge gatherings at people's houses... *sigh*, those were the days...

Oh, and I always feel immensely happy if I'm talking to/spending any time with a girl I like, or if I've just got some good exam results. Oh, and I really liked secondary school too

ReputationRep:
    when i looked around the living room and seen my mum and dad next to me

ReputationRep:
    When I became a Christian, and knowing I'm constantly saved by Jesus' blood on the Cross and though I keep messing up, God still loves me and I'm in a real relationship with Him and can call Him 'Father'.
    When I found out I got in to Lancaster University. I got BBCC instead of ABB and was sure I was going to my insurance choice... but they let me in.
    When my fiance asked me out; walking home afterwards in a state of shock and happiness.
    When my fiance proposed to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmj)
    When I became a Christian, and knowing I'm constantly saved by Jesus' blood on the Cross and though I keep messing up, God still loves me and I'm in a real relationship with Him and can call Him 'Father'.
    You what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    You what?
    Hush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    Hush.
    Okie dokes

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmj)
    I'm in a real relationship with Him and can call Him 'Father'.
    (Original post by Democracy)
    You what?
    I don't think she's been told 'the birds and the bees' yet.

ReputationRep:
    i've never been unhappy

ReputationRep:
    Never, I can't believe how depressing that is.
    currently i feel really depressed because i'll never get to become president and even stupid ugly monkey lookalikes like george bush will be far more successful than i ever will.
    my standards for happiness are just way too high

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.