Turn on thread page Beta

X Factor results dicussed in Parliment - What the hell? watch

ReputationRep:
    Lolwhut Clubber?

ReputationRep:
    it was a small part of a wide ranging discussion and the guy no doubt only mentioned it because laura is from his area, its a non issue really.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, trust you to notice these things!

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neebo)
    Who gives one?
    Daniel will win, and it will be a battle between Daniel and Geraldine's new single to christmas number 1
    HELL YEAH! looking forward to that!! ha ha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    Excuse me but what is bigger than X Factor?
    Strictly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princess_sue)
    Woooo! Daniel for Prime Minister!

But seriously they need to get him out. and Laura needs to stop her whining. Can't she just get over the fact that people didn't want to pick up their phone and dial her number. People probably never even thought about the whole dating a [producer thing or whatever, she didn't sing well. Sheesh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited.
    Who do ya reckon will get Christmas number 1, Daniel or Geraldine?!

ReputationRep:
    "I firmly believe that Alexandra Burke has a natural ability to sing and is the contender who is worthy of winning the Television programme, X-Factor. I am sure you are aware of her natural talent and I would be most grateful if you were to vote for this splendid contender." - Gordon Brown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neebo)
    I'm excited.
    Who do ya reckon will get Christmas number 1, Daniel or Geraldine?!
    Geraldine defo. Piss simon right off ha ha

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually the third person who signed Laura Reading's petition, it's now nearing 9553 people.

So she should recieve some level of attention by Recording Companys.

ReputationRep:
    join the 'i hate x factor society'
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=723405

ReputationRep:
    Geraldine defo. Piss simon right off ha ha
    Yeah I was thinking Geraldine.

We need to keep voting Daniel! Simon will be ruined as XFactor will become a joke and thus pointless

ReputationRep:
    He's the culture secretary. What else is he going to talk about? Yes there are more pressing issues for parliament to worry about, but if his job is specifically about culture then X-factor is unfortunately one of the main talking points at the moment. How many hours a day is parliament open for discussion to take place? Do you think they spend the whole time talking about the credit crunch and the NHS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattaf)
    ..We're in the middle of an economic crisis... and the government wants to talk about what's on the tv!!! Bloody typical isn't it? :rolleyes:
    Erm, I really dont think that in amount of time they spent discussing this they could have come up with a solution to save the global economy.

If you care so much, literally do something about it instead of posting your pointless views on TSR.

I look forward to seeing you as PM in the future (NOT).

ReputationRep:
    the person voted off was from the mp's own constituency! Of course they were going to mention it if they could lol

ReputationRep:
    To all Laura fans GET OVER IT FOR **** SAKE

ReputationRep:
    You have to say though, that if enough people sign a petition, no matter what it is, the government should at least discuss it, after all, isn't that the idea behind a petition?

(I think this issue is stupid though, can't see why people even liked laura!)

ReputationRep:
    Simon Cowell would have probably been having sex with his television and the ratings bar while this happened.

Suppose it is all on the public's table, and somehow, even if they don't care in reality, Parliament must seem concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenssen)
    Erm, I really dont think that in amount of time they spent discussing this they could have come up with a solution to save the global economy.

If you care so much, literally do something about it instead of posting your pointless views on TSR.

I look forward to seeing you as PM in the future (NOT).
    Surely though that is the whole point of living in a democracy - to be able to moan about the government and not do anything about it.

I don't care that much - I personally think it's funny how ridiculous it all is. The economic crisis isn't going to get solved overnight - people know that, and they're sick of hearing about it. So how does the government get us, the people, to like them? They whinge about what's on the telly.

And it's funny you should mention that... don't think I haven't thoguht about it! Who knows, I might actually do a better job than some of the idiots we have in power at the moment!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    :indiff:

(Original post by caaakeeey)
    I THINK HE WAS USING SARCASM.
    Yes, this.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.