The Student Room Group

Law-related EPQ topics

If anyone who has gone on to study law/did a law-related EPQ could tell me a little bit about their topic as well as the grade that they achieved/are expected to achieve, that would be great- in need of some ideas of the type of thing that people write.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Lots of ideas about relevant topics in Law here - also useful for ideas to discuss in your PS - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006tgy1/episodes/player
Original post by ella1507
If anyone who has gone on to study law/did a law-related EPQ could tell me a little bit about their topic as well as the grade that they achieved/are expected to achieve, that would be great- in need of some ideas of the type of thing that people write.

I'm going into year 13 in September and hoping to study law at University. I am doing my EPQ on what the impacts of decriminalising cannabis will have on the criminal justice system, as it will inevitably cause great reforms. In particular I'm exploring as to whether the impacts of criminalisation has impeded on the notion of fairness and impartiality that the criminal justice system is supposed to have.
Some good topic ideas I recommend exploring depending on your interests include: should AI be used instead of juries to prevent biases from occurring? Should women be held liable for having an abortion if her partner doesn't approve of it? Is the criminalisation of euthanasia based on religious principles and should these principles still be considered despite the increasing secularisation of the UK?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending